Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default 2 Digit LED counter design help needed

Harlan wrote:
A customer is asking for a product that I am
having trouble finding. I also might rather build it if I knew what
was needed.

It's pretty much an off the shelf item, I'm not sure why you would want
to build it.

A different system I have seen here (in Israel) at my HMO is a system
where the numbers are displayed on an LCD computer screen. The system
behind it is Windows (occasional BSOD), and they use some sort of screen
multiplier device to get several of them.

The post office uses the large LED dot matrix displays with an arrow to
point to the open teller and a flashing light at the window. Very similar
to a bank. It ALWAYS is out of sync with reality, it's impossible to tell
if a person is just slow getting out of their chairs and getting to the
window or they went home, or the numbers are out of sync, so the tellers
go through them too quickly. :-(

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.