Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default VAX AVC 1 Vacuum Cleaner

Hi

Can anyone help with instructions on opening the plastic motor housing
on the VAX AVC 1 vacuum cleaner. I have removed the 4 self tapping
screws joining the 2 halves, but the halves are still locked together.
I need to access the microswitch in the casing.

Have looked closely at diagram at
http://www.espares.co.uk/diagram/vac...6/694/0/508710
but still can't work it out.

Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/9/2011 6:42 PM, Protea wrote:
Hi

Can anyone help with instructions on opening the plastic motor housing
on the VAX AVC 1 vacuum cleaner. I have removed the 4 self tapping
screws joining the 2 halves, but the halves are still locked together. I
need to access the microswitch in the casing.

Have looked closely at diagram at
http://www.espares.co.uk/diagram/vac...6/694/0/508710
but still can't work it out.

Perhaps "Body Lock Bearing Ring"? (50) -- at each end of the case
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/01/2011 1:36 PM, D Yuniskis wrote:
On 1/9/2011 6:42 PM, Protea wrote:
Hi

Can anyone help with instructions on opening the plastic motor housing
on the VAX AVC 1 vacuum cleaner. I have removed the 4 self tapping
screws joining the 2 halves, but the halves are still locked together. I
need to access the microswitch in the casing.

Have looked closely at diagram at
http://www.espares.co.uk/diagram/vac...6/694/0/508710

but still can't work it out.

Perhaps "Body Lock Bearing Ring"? (50) -- at each end of the case

Yes, thanks very much D Yuniskis. That is helpful, and I should have
seen that myself.

However, I see now that the Body lock bearing rings (50) are covered by
the Brushroll upper housing (20), and the arm covers (23,24). It looks
like these have to come off first to get access to the Body lock bearing
rings. I will have to figure out how to get these apart.......
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Protea wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone help with instructions on opening the plastic motor housing
on the VAX AVC 1 vacuum cleaner. I have removed the 4 self tapping
screws joining the 2 halves, but the halves are still locked together.
I need to access the microswitch in the casing.

Have looked closely at diagram at

http://www.espares.co.uk/diagram/vac...86/694/0/50871
0
but still can't work it out.

Thanks

These things are great if you like 3D topological problems. Just repaired a
Dyson DC04, despite plenty of repair guide pics out there , translating to
hands-on removing of covers ,and even more so replacing, is not
straightforward.
One tip is mark mating surfaces , either side before removal , with coloured
felt tip pens , both as a guide for reassembly and to check the interlocks
have all clicked correctly into place.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I nosed into that Dyson motor, just curious, while in there for just a
clutch problem. That has a plastic retaining ring around the fan end held by
4 wedge clips, 2 screwdriver job to part. Large rubber boot then pulls off
and motor is "floating" between that rubber and a rubber disc at the drive
axle end , pierced by 2 locating dogs to the casing. So no mechanical
vibration transmission from motor to outside casing

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Protea" wrote in message
Hi

Can anyone help with instructions on opening the plastic motor housing on
the VAX AVC 1 vacuum cleaner. I have removed the 4 self tapping screws
joining the 2 halves, but the halves are still locked together. I need to
access the microswitch in the casing.

Have looked closely at diagram at
http://www.espares.co.uk/diagram/vac...6/694/0/508710
but still can't work it out.

Thanks

just hit it with a BIG hammer, that should persuade it to come apart.

Shaun