Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Protea Protea is offline

Default VAX AVC 1 Vacuum Cleaner

On 10/01/2011 1:36 PM, D Yuniskis wrote:
On 1/9/2011 6:42 PM, Protea wrote:
Hi

Can anyone help with instructions on opening the plastic motor housing
on the VAX AVC 1 vacuum cleaner. I have removed the 4 self tapping
screws joining the 2 halves, but the halves are still locked together. I
need to access the microswitch in the casing.

Have looked closely at diagram at
http://www.espares.co.uk/diagram/vac...6/694/0/508710

but still can't work it out.

Perhaps "Body Lock Bearing Ring"? (50) -- at each end of the case

Yes, thanks very much D Yuniskis. That is helpful, and I should have
seen that myself.

However, I see now that the Body lock bearing rings (50) are covered by
the Brushroll upper housing (20), and the arm covers (23,24). It looks
like these have to come off first to get access to the Body lock bearing
rings. I will have to figure out how to get these apart.......