Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default I Don't Get It!

Okay, the new channel 32.2 has started broadcasting and I get it on
two of the converter boxes in the house, but on the DTV box in my
room, all I get is audio and a black screen which says "Audio
Service." I paid a good deal of money for the DTV converter, so I
expect it to do everything it's supposed to do. Does anyone know why I
can't get the proper picture, and what can be done to fix this?

Ron
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/3/2011 2:04 AM D Yuniskis spake thus:

On 1/3/2011 1:01 AM, Ron wrote:

Okay, the new channel 32.2 has started broadcasting and I get it on
two of the converter boxes in the house, but on the DTV box in my
room, all I get is audio and a black screen which says "Audio
Service." I paid a good deal of money for the DTV converter, so I
expect it to do everything it's supposed to do. Does anyone know
why I can't get the proper picture, and what can be done to fix
this?

Play with your antenna. You will discover all sorts
of magical, unexplained behaviors just by moving the
receiver (antenna) up, down, rotated, etc.

Ain't DTV fun? We get entirely different channels in
two rooms separated by 30 ft!

Yes. And lots of people (most?) think that it's *all* digital (including
the RF parts), and therefore somehow magical and not at all prone to the
kinds of problems experienced with the bad old "analog" TV (ghosting due
to multipath propagation, etc.)

(Well, presumably not most of the people *here*, but ...)

who stands to make his point, then removes his hearing aid as a sign
that he is not going to hear any rebuttals.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Canon had problems with some of its sensors. I don't know if that applied to
this model.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 04:00:56 -0800, William Sommerwerck wrote:

Canon had problems with some of its sensors. I don't know if that
applied to this model.

Canon makes a DTV converter?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Canon had problems with some of its sensors.
I don't know if that applied to this model.

Canon makes a DTV converter?

Duh... I'm getting old. I must have answered the wrong post.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

On Jan 3, 2:04*am, D Yuniskis wrote:
On 1/3/2011 1:01 AM, Ron wrote:

Okay, the new channel 32.2 has started broadcasting and I get it on
two of the converter boxes in the house, but on the DTV box in my
room, all I get is audio and *a black screen which says "Audio
Service." I paid a good deal of money for the DTV converter, so I
expect it to do everything it's supposed to do. Does anyone know why I
can't get the proper picture, and what can be done to fix this?

Play with your antenna. *You will discover all sorts
of magical, unexplained behaviors just by moving the
receiver (antenna) up, down, rotated, etc.

Ain't DTV fun? *We get entirely different channels in
two rooms separated by 30 ft!

I don't know who makes the other two converters but they aren't DTV,
and now I wish I hadn't bought this in the forst place but I liked the
timers. Anywho... I tried the antenna and still get zip even at a
signal strength of 86 wich is pretty good even for the stations I do
get.

Ron
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 1/3/2011 6:49 AM William Sommerwerck spake thus:

Canon had problems with some of its sensors.
I don't know if that applied to this model.

Canon makes a DTV converter?

Duh... I'm getting old. I must have answered the wrong post.

Y'know, William, it would really help if you'd quote the message you're
replying to, or at least a snippet of it ...