Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba RPTV help needed

Hey everyone,

I've two 50" Toshiba RPTVs for arcade games (Sega Megalo 2) with some
issues.

I've never repaired RPTVs before, although have done plenty of arcade
monitor repair. I'd basically need some info on these beasts before I
accidentally try fixing something that isn't broken.

Does anyone have schematics for these? The model numbers a P502SG
and P500GKB

The problems I am having with them:

-Convergence... far off... probably convergence ics need changing,
though those are the least of my worries as I can get them locally. I
don't have a remote for them yet so can't even try to adjust it, and
it might only be because the convergence rings on the crt necks are
loose as heck.

-Geometry errors! I am getting asymmetrical geometry errors that are
different for each colour. Green seems okay, Red image is pulled
upwards in the right upper corner, and blue is the same way in the
upper left corner. Is this something that can be adjusted in the
service menu, or are there only symmetrical adjustment options ?
(Meaning that the red image is only distorted in the upper right hand
corner, and all other corners seem to be fine, thus I'm not sure it
could be fixed by adjusting linearity as lin adjustments do
symmetrical changes.)

The geometry errors are my main concern as I've no idea what would
cause asymmetrical image distortion, never seen such happen in regular
CRTs. Capacitor faults are what cause most of the problems there but
they usually cause distortion on both ends of the picture be it
vertical or horizontal problems.

On the same note does anyone have any info on rptv CRT
interchangeability ? I'm specifically wondering if the crt tubes
themselves can be changed between different makes and models like
regular CRT monitors? (Meaning if the tube has the same number of pins
and the same yoke resistances/inductivity)

Thanks for any and all help guys!

Toshiba 51 RPTV j Electronics Repair 9 April 10th 07 12:11 AM
Toshiba RPTV 61A61 short problem junglee Electronics Repair 5 May 12th 05 02:08 AM
Need Green CRT for Toshiba RPTV bharat Electronics Repair 1 February 17th 05 11:22 PM
Toshiba 42H82 16:9 RPTV Problem Larry J. Electronics Repair 2 September 27th 04 03:52 PM
Toshiba RPTV 50H72 - blue screen only bharat Electronics Repair 30 May 8th 04 01:10 AM