Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Batteries That Do Not Leak w/Age?

Per Wild_Bill:
Bottom posting isn't sensible, or I would have been doing it for the last
12-14 years.
So you see, this is my conventional method.

+1.

I bottom post because that seems tb what most people want.

But it seems to me like a holdover from the character/line-based
days where one could not easily jump pack to previous articles.

Given a choice between reading top-posted replies and
bottom-posted replies with indiscriminate quoting, I'll take the
top-posted replies any day. The ability to turn quotes on/off
mitigates bottom posting somewhat, but it's still more work to
read.

The ideal would seem tb inserting reply text under the relevant
quoted material and not quoting the whole history of the thread.
--
PeteCresswell
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 12/3/2010 7:04 AM (PeteCresswell) spake thus:

Per Wild_Bill:

Bottom posting isn't sensible, or I would have been doing it for
the last 12-14 years. So you see, this is my conventional method.

+1.

I bottom post because that seems tb what most people want.

But it seems to me like a holdover from the character/line-based
days where one could not easily jump pack to previous articles.

Given a choice between reading top-posted replies and
bottom-posted replies with indiscriminate quoting, I'll take the
top-posted replies any day. The ability to turn quotes on/off
mitigates bottom posting somewhat, but it's still more work to
read.

The ideal would seem tb inserting reply text under the relevant
quoted material and not quoting the whole history of the thread.

Further confirmation that good posting style depends on more than just
bottom (or inter-) posting. Judicious trimming is a crucial part of it.
Not just lazily tacking your 2-line reply to the bottom of a 200-line
collection of previous posts and replies.

And yes, if one has multiple responses to a post, then posting the
replies directly under the relevant material is the way to go, as most
people seem to do here.

Car Batteries Ivan Vegvary Metalworking 49 February 3rd 08 04:07 AM
New Batteries Weatherlawyer UK diy 19 January 19th 08 03:23 PM
what causes batteries to leak acid? yawnmoth Home Repair 5 April 28th 07 12:17 AM
I'm puzzled about my leaking roof. It's not leaking like a leak should leak. Daniel Cullpeppper Home Repair 10 April 30th 06 04:16 AM
Batteries David Lang UK diy 15 August 1st 05 08:24 AM