Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.design

Default LCD conductive tape

I'm trying to repair a cheap alarm clock with an LCD display.

(I know this isn't worth my time but at this point I'm more
curious...)

A few segments of the LCD are not working and when I press the
conductive tape that connects the LCD to the board, it starts to
work. OK a bad connection.

But am trying to buy a piece of this conductive tape and I can't find
it anywhere even described on the Internet.

It seems like ordinary scotch adhesive tape but with conductive ink
tracks. It is 1.5mm pitch and has 28 conductors. It is simply stuck
onto the lip of the LCD and the PWB.

It's not zebra strip.
It's not flexible flat cable FFC which is actual wire.
This stuff is actually adhesive tape with conductive (black) ink.

What is this stuff called so I can search for it?

Anybody seen it for sale anywhere?

thanks
Mark