Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default LCD conductive tape

What? And ruin a perfect score on poor documentation?

Some Japanese companies have very good English manuals -- because they're
written by Americans. Plextor is one, Standard Vertex (Yaesu) is another.

I have a Yamaha DSP-3000 dating back 20 years, and the manual appears to
have been written by a native-English speaker. I don't know about current
Yamaha products.

The second-worst user manuals I've ever seen are for my Olympus and Canon
DSLRs. THE worst is for my Pioneer plasma TV. It tells you ABSOLUTELY
NOTHING about what the controls actually do, and how one should adjust them.
And it's over 100 pages long!