Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default sgc528[23] xref

Hi all,

I'm looking for data about the two complementary transistors SGC5282 and
SGC5283. Seems like they are unknown on the net. Also a possible xref would
help.
Thanks in advance.

Frank IZ8DWF

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 11 Oct 2010 14:24:34 GMT, frank put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I'm looking for data about the two complementary transistors SGC5282 and
SGC5283

I would think that complementary transistors would have distinguishing
prefixes to denote PNP or NPN. Are they possibly house numbers?

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I'm looking for data about the two complementary transistors,
SGC5282 and SGC5283

I would think complementary transistors would have distinguishing
prefixes to denote PNP or NPN. Are they possibly house numbers?

Isn't SGC the prefix for Philips replacement semiconductors?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:

I'm looking for data about the two complementary transistors,
SGC5282 and SGC5283

I would think complementary transistors would have distinguishing
prefixes to denote PNP or NPN. Are they possibly house numbers?

Isn't SGC the prefix for Philips replacement semiconductors?

ECG. They bought the line from Sylvania.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 10/12/2010 4:18 PM, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On 11 Oct 2010 14:24:34 GMT, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I'm looking for data about the two complementary transistors SGC5282 and
SGC5283

I would think that complementary transistors would have distinguishing
prefixes to denote PNP or NPN. Are they possibly house numbers?

- Franc Zabkar

There is a ref to this from 2002
http://forum.servomagazine.com/viewt...1&t=91&start=0

Heathkit Curve tracer.

JC

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 07:18:30 +1100, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

On 11 Oct 2010 14:24:34 GMT, frank put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I'm looking for data about the two complementary transistors SGC5282 and
SGC5283

I would think that complementary transistors would have distinguishing
prefixes to denote PNP or NPN. Are they possibly house numbers?

- Franc Zabkar

Why (have distinguishing prefixes)?

SGC5282 NPN 60V 800mA 3W 250MHz
SGC5283 PNP 60V 600mA 3W 200MHz

Gee, that was easy!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Archon wrote:
On 10/12/2010 4:18 PM, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On 11 Oct 2010 14:24:34 GMT, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I'm looking for data about the two complementary transistors SGC5282 and
SGC5283

I would think that complementary transistors would have distinguishing
prefixes to denote PNP or NPN. Are they possibly house numbers?

- Franc Zabkar

There is a ref to this from 2002
http://forum.servomagazine.com/viewt...1&t=91&start=0

this might suggest possible replacement, many thanks!

Best regards

Frank IZ8DWF
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

PeterD wrote:

Why (have distinguishing prefixes)?

SGC5282 NPN 60V 800mA 3W 250MHz
SGC5283 PNP 60V 600mA 3W 200MHz

Gee, that was easy!

many thanks, can I ask you where did you find these specs?

Frank IZ8DWF
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010 09:08:03 -0400, PeterD put

wrote:

On 11 Oct 2010 14:24:34 GMT, frank put finger to
keyboard and composed:

I'm looking for data about the two complementary transistors SGC5282 and
SGC5283

I would think that complementary transistors would have distinguishing
prefixes to denote PNP or NPN. Are they possibly house numbers?

Why (have distinguishing prefixes)?

Yes, you're right. That was a brain fart. I was thinking of Japanese
transistors. Put it down to old age.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 13 Oct 2010 14:48:19 GMT, frank wrote:

PeterD wrote:

Why (have distinguishing prefixes)?

SGC5282 NPN 60V 800mA 3W 250MHz
SGC5283 PNP 60V 600mA 3W 200MHz

Gee, that was easy!

many thanks, can I ask you where did you find these specs?

Frank IZ8DWF

Google is your friend, they were from something from (of all places)
Heathkit, IIRC. I just searched for the first one, got about 10 hits,
and only the last one (a PDF) looked interesting (most of the rest
were your query...)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

PeterD wrote:
On 13 Oct 2010 14:48:19 GMT, frank wrote:

many thanks, can I ask you where did you find these specs?

Frank IZ8DWF

Google is your friend, they were from something from (of all places)
Heathkit, IIRC. I just searched for the first one, got about 10 hits,
and only the last one (a PDF) looked interesting (most of the rest
were your query...)

Interesting, I did a google search before posting the request to the
newsgroup (and repeated the query right now) and it did always showed
two or three results with no meaningful data (other than beeing used in
heathkit equipment). No PDF either.
I guess google can chose friends then :-)
I'd still like to see that pdf if you can post a link please.
Best regards.

Frank IZ8DWF
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On 14 Oct 2010 07:18:44 GMT frank wrote in Message id:
:

PeterD wrote:
On 13 Oct 2010 14:48:19 GMT, frank wrote:

many thanks, can I ask you where did you find these specs?

Frank IZ8DWF

Google is your friend, they were from something from (of all places)
Heathkit, IIRC. I just searched for the first one, got about 10 hits,
and only the last one (a PDF) looked interesting (most of the rest
were your query...)

Interesting, I did a google search before posting the request to the
newsgroup (and repeated the query right now) and it did always showed
two or three results with no meaningful data (other than beeing used in
heathkit equipment). No PDF either.
I guess google can chose friends then :-)
I'd still like to see that pdf if you can post a link please.
Best regards.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=6&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QFjAF&url=h ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.ki6yfq.com%2Fmanuals_schematics%2F Heathkit%2Fother%2Fparts_cross_reference.pdf&rct=j &q=SGC5282%20pdf&ei=OM-2TIf4FsP98Abpr6HkCQ&usg=AFQjCNG_n9_rZCHOVb2k_wtece PspaBkmg&cad=rja'

That's a long one!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JW wrote:

Interesting, I did a google search before posting the request to the
newsgroup (and repeated the query right now) and it did always showed
two or three results with no meaningful data (other than beeing used in
heathkit equipment). No PDF either.
I guess google can chose friends then :-)
I'd still like to see that pdf if you can post a link please.
Best regards.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=6&sqi=2&ved=0CB4QFjAF&url=h ttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.ki6yfq.com%2Fmanuals_schematics%2F Heathkit%2Fother%2Fparts_cross_reference.pdf&rct=j &q=SGC5282%20pdf&ei=OM-2TIf4FsP98Abpr6HkCQ&usg=AFQjCNG_n9_rZCHOVb2k_wtece PspaBkmg&cad=rja'

That's a long one!

many thanks, it's a good one to have around when repairing old HW :-)
Why I couldn't find this one with google is a mistery.

Regards
Frank IZ8DWF
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On 14 Oct 2010 10:12:27 GMT frank wrote in Message id:
:

JW wrote:

[...]

I used SGC5282 pdf
or
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&s...AAAKoEBU_QUUyi
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

PeterD wrote:
On 13 Oct 2010 14:48:19 GMT, frank wrote:

many thanks, can I ask you where did you find these specs?

Frank IZ8DWF

Google is your friend, they were from something from (of all places)
Heathkit, IIRC. I just searched for the first one, got about 10 hits,
and only the last one (a PDF) looked interesting (most of the rest
were your query...)

Interesting, I did a google search before posting the request to the
newsgroup (and repeated the query right now) and it did always showed
two or three results with no meaningful data (other than beeing used in
heathkit equipment). No PDF either.
I guess google can chose friends then :-)
I'd still like to see that pdf if you can post a link please.
Best regards.

Frank IZ8DWF

Perhaps not from Heathkit directly (I didn't check...)

http://www.ki6yfq.com/manuals_schema..._reference.pdf

but dealing with Heathkit however. Big PDF, do a search in it, there
is only one reference to the parts.