Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default HOT xref for "C5450" (consumer CRT about 50" screen)...

I am repairing a TV for a friend (attempting to, anyway) and I have a
shorted HOT that has 2 lines of text. The top reads, "C5450" and the
bottom reads "2H3". I think this is a Sony TV if that matters
(shouldn't). What is the available xref for this part?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am repairing a TV for a friend (attempting to, anyway) and I have a
shorted HOT that has 2 lines of text. The top reads, "C5450" and the
bottom reads "2H3". I think this is a Sony TV if that matters
(shouldn't). What is the available xref for this part?

A 50" CRT?!

Anyway, the part will be a 2SC5450, Japanese transistor codes usually omit
the '2S' prefix.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
No

No what? No it isn't a 50" CRT or no it isn't a 2SC5450?

Try snipping and replying below relevent text rather than top posting, it
makes things much clearer :-)

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
No its NOT a 50 inch CRT.

Yeah, I've certainly never seen any CRT that big. I think he means a CRT
based RPTV.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

If its a CRT all he has to do is measure the thing ..

kip

Best first find out why the 2sc5450 blew.
"Dave D" wrote in message

"kip" wrote in message
.. .
No its NOT a 50 inch CRT.

Yeah, I've certainly never seen any CRT that big. I think he means a CRT
based RPTV.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave D wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I am repairing a TV for a friend (attempting to, anyway) and I have a
shorted HOT that has 2 lines of text. The top reads, "C5450" and the
bottom reads "2H3". I think this is a Sony TV if that matters
(shouldn't). What is the available xref for this part?

A 50" CRT?!

I just fix them; I don't measure them or watch them!!!
It is a good deal bigger than my 26", that's all I know.

As far as why it is shorted, I already know; the power cord was slit
and the AC shorted across (surge). There may be more bad but I really
doubt it.

Anyway, the part will be a 2SC5450, Japanese transistor codes usually omit
the '2S' prefix.

Dave, you are my hero! Thank you!

P.S. Does anybody know what the URL is for "partfinder" or
"chipfinder" or whatever the tool is that links to a few dozen
electronic catalogs of parts. I can't find it anymore in my bookmarks
and can't guess the URL, either...

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

wrote in message
oups.com...

Anyway, the part will be a 2SC5450, Japanese transistor codes usually
omit
the '2S' prefix.

Dave, you are my hero! Thank you!

No probs, glad to help :-)

P.S. Does anybody know what the URL is for "partfinder" or
"chipfinder" or whatever the tool is that links to a few dozen
electronic catalogs of parts. I can't find it anymore in my bookmarks
and can't guess the URL, either...

I don't know, but there's a datasheet he
http://www.datasheetarchive.com/sear...450&sType=part

The URL might wrap and not work if you click on it, if it doesn't just go
to:
www.datesheetarchive.com and put 2SC5450 in the search field.

Dave