Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Does anybody fix CRT big screen/save the parts?

Just taking a pole on whether its work saving parts from tube type big
screen TV's. I have one i am about to junk or give away. Put new CRT
and one drive board in it, and it had other issues. sat for years.

I am clearing space now, and debating if to save anything at all
or dump it. It seems on the resale market they are virtually
worthless with the advent of Plasma and LCD big screens.
The same with CRT based computer monitors. I have a nice 19"
high end NEC that is working that i cannot sell for $20.

It really does not matter how much the parts are worth, if you
never use them why save them?

opinions?

bob