Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer CDJ-1000 Mk3 ...

Anyone know if this pro DJ unit has a mode whereby the button
function-sensitive backlighting can be turned off ? I've not seen a Mk3
before, and don't have the manual for it. The one that I've just fixed was
in for a mechanical problem on the deck, which was straightforward enough.
All of the buttons work and do as they should, but none light up when
pressed. The "Vinyl - CDJ" indicators don't light either, although the
central jog display correctly shows "Vinyl" or nothing, when the button is
operated. There's so many different LEDs involved here, that it seems
unlikely that there is any 'fault' as such, and the job ticket doesn't
mention any such problem, so I'm wondering if a soft switch-off function has
been put in, to stop the console looking too 'busy' in the dark, if some DJs
prefer it that way. Or possibly I suppose, if all the LEDs are taken up to
some common supply rail that's just for them, there might be some little
wire ended or sm fuse, as Pioneer are so fond of using in '1000s ?? Anyone
know ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:47:00 +0100, Arfa Daily ǝʇoɹʍ:

[...]

With all the lights and commotion in a club where you would find pro dj
equip I would think that some console lights would hardly be a
distraction warranting dimming.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news
[...]

Yep - quite right. It was in fact a genuine fault. There are many picofuses
on the MJCB board, and one of these feeds 12v out on a rail called "VLED".
Bit of a giveaway, really ...

For future reference for anyone who might be interested, it is IC1513, and
is rated at T315mA. Replacing it restored all the LEDs to normal operation.

My thanks, as ever, to Mark Z, who managed to find a copy of the schematics
for me. Cheers Mark - it was a big help :-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 13:47:00 +0100, "Arfa Daily"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Anyone know if this pro DJ unit has a mode whereby the button
function-sensitive backlighting can be turned off ? I've not seen a Mk3
before, and don't have the manual for it.

I see you have already obtained one, but here is one at eserviceinfo:
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...000%20MK3.html

- Franc Zabkar