Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Adcom GTP-450 turns itself off or the cpu locks up.

Hello.

I used to work for an Adcom warranty station and remember this was a
common problem but I can't recall what the cure is. If anyone has a
solution I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Chuck
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Chuck wrote:
Hello.

I used to work for an Adcom warranty station and remember this was a
common problem but I can't recall what the cure is. If anyone has a
solution I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Chuck

I WANT TO GO TO PRISON SO I CAN GET RAPED IN THE ASS.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 16:42:13 -0500, Chuck wrote:

Hello.

I used to work for an Adcom warranty station and remember this was a
common problem but I can't recall what the cure is. If anyone has a
solution I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. Chuck

The problem turned out to be conductive glue on the ribbon cable from
the on-standby switch to the upc board. It wasn't visible from the
top of the unit. I found a pin out of the upc and noticed unusual
activity on the key lines. This activity ceased and the unit
functioned properly when the cable from the switch was detached at the
upc board. When I removed the switch from the circuit board, I
noticed a wisp of conductive glue at the cable end. Once the glue was
removed, the unit functioned normally. Chuck
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 15, 5:50*am, Chuck wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 16:42:13 -0500, Chuck wrote:
Hello.

I used to work for an Adcom warranty station and remember this was a
common problem but I can't recall what the cure is. *If anyone has a
solution I'd really appreciate it. *Thanks. *Chuck

The problem turned out to be conductive glue on the ribbon cable from
the on-standby switch to the upc board. *It wasn't visible from the
top of the unit. *I found a pin out of the upc and noticed unusual
activity on the key lines. *This activity ceased and the unit
functioned properly when the cable from the switch was detached at the
upc board. *When I removed the switch from the circuit board, I
noticed a wisp of conductive glue at the cable end. *Once the glue was
removed, the unit functioned normally. *Chuck

Hi

Thanks for posting this thread- I just fixed a similar problem with my
adcom GTP-450, I initially thought power supply caps, but after
replacing several of the smaller caps and all the regulator output
caps I googled and found this. Eventually it turned out to be the
power switch itself in my case. A momentary power switch from an old
ATX computer case had the correct stem for the button, and the wires
from the ATX switch replace the factory ribbon cable. I unsoldered the
old switch, and held the new switch in place with some epoxy resin and
a couple of screws- good as new!

Cheers
Allyn
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Allyn Oldfield wrote:
On Jun 15, 5:50 am, Chuck

[...]

Glad to have helped. Chuck

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Saturday, June 26, 2010 at 1:40:44 AM UTC-4, Allyn Oldfield wrote:
On Jun 15, 5:50*am, Chuck wrote:
[...]

I also had a bad power switch on a GTP-450. It measured 275K ohms across what should have been open terminals. New switch fixed the problem.

Jeff

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Do you realize you responded to a five year old thread ?

I see alot of people doing that who use Google to get here. It is not like it is a huge problem but it does clutter the recent threads page because (as you know) it does not give the date of the OP there.

What I don't understand is how you are finding these old posts, are you doing a search ? Because something five years old would be on about page 310 or so if you are just browsing the posts as they are in reverse chronological order.

Another thing to realize is that not everyone sees your posts because they have gmail blocked because there are a lot of spammers on it. I haven't seen a whole lot of it on the sci.electronics groups but they are not all of Usenet.