Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Speaker - terminal connected to the AC line?

Hello all...

I have a Technics SA-929 stereo receiver that is in good working order.
However, when I was inside it replacing a burnt out light bulb and repairing
the protection relay, I noticed that there is a wire coming from the
printboard that holds both the AC power input and accessory outlet
connections going to the "speaker -" connector for the "B" speaker
terminals.

There is a resistor inline with the wire coming from the AC wiring board.

I've never noticed anything like this in a stereo receiver before. As the
previous owner seems to have been very meticulous about packing it up, I
believe the non-polarized power cord set is original to the unit.

What would this do? Is it dangerous?

William