Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PeterD PeterD is offline

Default Speaker - terminal connected to the AC line?

On Sun, 23 May 2010 23:03:29 -0500, "William R. Walsh"
m wrote:

Hello all...

I have a Technics SA-929 stereo receiver that is in good working order.
However, when I was inside it replacing a burnt out light bulb and repairing
the protection relay, I noticed that there is a wire coming from the
printboard that holds both the AC power input and accessory outlet
connections going to the "speaker -" connector for the "B" speaker
terminals.

There is a resistor

What value?

inline with the wire coming from the AC wiring board.

Where on the AC wiring board? The ground? The neutral? The hot wire?
Where?

I've never noticed anything like this in a stereo receiver before.

You've never looked then...

As the
previous owner seems to have been very meticulous about packing it up, I
believe the non-polarized power cord set is original to the unit.

What would this do? Is it dangerous?

William