Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Fluke Scopemeter 199

CHB voltage flucuates greatly with nothing attached. Suspect Philips
000262HL N1E5Y9 HSH0144 i.c but cannot find a reference to this semi
on the web. Cost of repair is rediculously high - could buy a
competitors scope for the cost quoted for repair! Any ideas?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 18, 4:07*pm, Pat Jordan wrote:
CHB voltage flucuates greatly with nothing attached. Suspect Philips
000262HL N1E5Y9 HSH0144 i.c but cannot find a reference to this semi
on the web. Cost of repair is rediculously high - could buy a
competitors scope for the cost quoted for repair! Any ideas?

The fact is that, as you know, Fluke is some kind of trustmark. It'd
be better to replace the defective component than to go for a
competitor main unit. For the rest, I cannot tell you more about how
to find a solution.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 18, 6:33*pm, Merciadri Luca wrote:
On May 18, 4:07*pm, Pat Jordan wrote:

CHB voltage fluctuates greatly with nothing attached. Suspect Philips
000262HL N1E5Y9 HSH0144 i.c but cannot find a reference to this semi
on the web. Cost of repair is ridiculously high - could buy a
competitors scope for the cost quoted for repair! Any ideas?

The fact is that, as you know, Fluke is some kind of trustmark. It'd
be better to replace the defective component than to go for a
competitor main unit. For the rest, I cannot tell you more about how
to find a solution.

Thanks Merciadi Luca, I have several thousand Euros worth of Fluke
test equipment as I believed they were dependable.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 19, 9:33*am, Pat Jordan wrote:
On May 18, 6:33*pm, Merciadri Luca wrote: On May 18, 4:07*pm, Pat Jordan wrote:

CHB voltage fluctuates greatly with nothing attached. Suspect Philips
000262HL N1E5Y9 HSH0144 i.c but cannot find a reference to this semi
on the web. Cost of repair is ridiculously high - could buy a
competitors scope for the cost quoted for repair! Any ideas?

The fact is that, as you know, Fluke is some kind of trustmark. It'd
be better to replace the defective component than to go for a
competitor main unit. For the rest, I cannot tell you more about how
to find a solution.

Thanks Merciadi Luca, I have several thousand Euros worth of Fluke
test equipment as I believed they were dependable.

So, why would you look in the concurrence?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Pat Jordan wrote:
On May 18, 6:33 pm, Merciadri Luca wrote:

On May 18, 4:07 pm, Pat Jordan wrote:

CHB voltage fluctuates greatly with nothing attached. Suspect Philips
000262HL N1E5Y9 HSH0144 i.c but cannot find a reference to this semi
on the web. Cost of repair is ridiculously high - could buy a
competitors scope for the cost quoted for repair! Any ideas?

The fact is that, as you know, Fluke is some kind of trustmark. It'd
be better to replace the defective component than to go for a
competitor main unit. For the rest, I cannot tell you more about how
to find a solution.

Thanks Merciadi Luca, I have several thousand Euros worth of Fluke
test equipment as I believed they were dependable.

Really, I just filed, in its proper place, A fluke 787 process DMM..

Its now has a proper resting place, the garbage can.

jamie.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Wed, 19 May 2010 19:31:08 -0400 Jamie
t wrote in Message id:
:

Pat Jordan wrote:
On May 18, 6:33 pm, Merciadri Luca wrote:

On May 18, 4:07 pm, Pat Jordan wrote:

CHB voltage fluctuates greatly with nothing attached. Suspect Philips
000262HL N1E5Y9 HSH0144 i.c but cannot find a reference to this semi
on the web. Cost of repair is ridiculously high - could buy a
competitors scope for the cost quoted for repair! Any ideas?

The fact is that, as you know, Fluke is some kind of trustmark. It'd
be better to replace the defective component than to go for a
competitor main unit. For the rest, I cannot tell you more about how
to find a solution.

Thanks Merciadi Luca, I have several thousand Euros worth of Fluke
test equipment as I believed they were dependable.

Really, I just filed, in its proper place, A fluke 787 process DMM..

Its now has a proper resting place, the garbage can.

A great place for their signal generators as well (6060, 6080, etc.)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On May 18, 8:07*am, Pat Jordan wrote:
CHB voltage flucuates greatly with nothing attached. Suspect Philips
000262HL N1E5Y9 HSH0144 i.c but cannot find a reference to this semi
on the web. Cost of repair is rediculously high - could buy a
competitors scope for the cost quoted for repair! Any ideas?

Pat, most of the Philips chips in the Scopemeter instruments are
application-specific; there is no off-the-shelf replacement or cross
reference of any kind for any of these OEM chips. But I believe I can
help you; my company specializes in Scopemeter repairs and
calibrations. We likely have a good, used chip we can sell you, or,
if you would like, we can take a look at your scope to certify that
the problem is indeed the chip and not some other issue. Let me know
if you are interested. We work on Scopemeters daily, and have a fair
inventory of used parts on hand.

Joel Friend
ScopemeterRepair.com
(888) 600-2542