Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Part # of Magnetron for Microwave Oven Emerson MW9107WC

Greetings,

Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
Emerson MW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

Thanks for reading,

Yimin
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yimin Rong wrote:
Greetings,

Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
Emerson MW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

Thanks for reading,

Yimin

Would be easiest for you to call some of the service parts vendors for part
number, cost and availability.
MCM Electronics
email
phone (800) 824-8324
M-F 8am-5pm ET

MAT Electronics
Phone (800) 628-1118
M-F 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM EST
Saturday 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM EST

Electronix Corporation
Phone: (800) 223-3205 or (937) 878-1828

Don't forget to call any appliance parts stores in your area. Yellow pages
are a good help.

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:08:09 -0700 (PDT), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
Emerson MW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

According to Emerson's web site, and owner's manual, the warranty on
the magnetron is 7 years (parts only):
http://web.archive.org/web/200712180...t/details/2375

Owner's Manual:
http://emersonelectronics.ca/emerson...mEn glish.pdf

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yimin Rong wrote:
Greetings,

Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
Emerson MW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

How do you know the magnetron is bad, if you haven't even opened the unit
yet?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Cydrome Leader" wrote in message
Yimin Rong wrote:
Greetings,

Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
Emerson MW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

How do you know the magnetron is bad, if you haven't even opened the unit
yet?

How do you know that you're dead?

You just touched the 4kV terminal.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yimin Rong wrote:
Greetings,

Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
Emerson MW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

How do you know the magnetron is bad, if you haven't even opened the unit
yet?

How do you know that you're dead?

You just touched the 4kV terminal.

just curious, have there been any microwave oven deaths recently?

I used to hear about them every year or so from trade newsletters, but
considering a microwave oven is throw away item these days, I'm guess less
people bother to even have them fixed in the first place.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yimin Rong wrote:
Greetings,

Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
Emerson MW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

How do you know the magnetron is bad, if you haven't even opened the
unit
yet?

How do you know that you're dead?

You just touched the 4kV terminal.

just curious, have there been any microwave oven deaths recently?

I used to hear about them every year or so from trade newsletters, but
considering a microwave oven is throw away item these days, I'm guess less
people bother to even have them fixed in the first place.

Maybe the message is getting through to people just how lethal the HT in a
microwave is, or as you say less people bother repairing them.

My microwave was found put outside someones door in the flats, when I tested
it I found the mains plug wired wrong (live case) it worked fine once the
plug had been re-wired and has been since quite a long time ago.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yimin Rong wrote:
[...]

I've noticed they use torx-ish screws on them these days, probably to
discourage people from opening them, but there's nothing other than the
standard warnings on them for any electronics you plug in. considering
they cost $99 these days, I don't see anybody other than people who used
to actually fix stuff trying to salvage one.

My made in 1981 Samsung still works, and somehow doesn't leak either.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yimin Rong wrote:
[...]

Mine has started to rust at the bottom of the oven compartment so I wave the
leakage meter at it from time to time, meanwhile I rescue any that turn up
in the bin room so there's a fighting chance to cobble something together
when the one I'm using eventually goes phut.

One was in as new condition but missing its dish, that probably works fine
and I have a secret stash of dishes and drive mushrooms.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yimin Rong wrote:
[...]

Has anybody worked on those "inverter" microwaves that lack the giant transformer?

I've been looking for one in the trash to peek inside, but haven't come across any
yet.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yimin Rong wrote:
[...]

Nor me - the suspense is killing me!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yimin Rong wrote:
[...]

I replaced the supply in my Panasonic. Looks like a TV flyback!
Price for the board was around 50 bucks.

Pete

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 29, 9:43*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:08:09 -0700 (PDT), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Can someone tell me the part # of themagnetronfor microwave oven
EmersonMW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

According toEmerson'sweb site, and owner's manual, the warranty on
themagnetronis 7 years (parts only):http://web.archive.org/web/200712180...ersonelectroni...

Owner's Manual:http://emersonelectronics.ca/emerson...%20-%2011%20cu...

- Franc Zabkar

Requires receipt! /YR
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 30, 1:55*pm, Cydrome Leader wrote:
Yimin Rong wrote:
Greetings,

Can someone tell me the part # of themagnetronfor microwave oven
EmersonMW9107WC?

I know I could probably just take it apart and see for myself, but
would like to determine cost effectiveness of getting a replacement
part and repairing myself, bringing to service technician, or just
getting a new one.

How do you know themagnetronis bad, if you haven't even opened the unit
yet?

Mostly likely cause. In most ovens I've fixed, the magnetron is very
hard to get to. Not a hard job, just a pain. /YR
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 29, 4:31*pm, "Dave M" wrote:
Yimin Rong wrote:
[...]

Thank you. Tried that, including some of those on the list. I cringe
when I hear the click, long silence, then a voice from the sub-
continent on the other side. /YR

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 09:08:09 -0700 (PDT), Yimin Rong
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Can someone tell me the part # of the magnetron for microwave oven
Emerson MW9107WC?

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Funai+...7WMAG/New.aspx

http://bestbuy.partsearch.com/Part/F...7WMAG/New.aspx

- Franc Zabkar