Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Pioneer Stereo Receiver SX-212, need schematic

Does anyone have a schematic for the SX-212? Yes,
I know it is old but would like to solve a problem with
the left channel.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

nucleus wrote:
Does anyone have a schematic for the SX-212? Yes,
I know it is old but would like to solve a problem with
the left channel.

If it's before 1986, I probably have it. I'll check when I get back in the
shop next week. What is it doing?

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 3, 8:59*pm, "David Farber" wrote:
nucleus wrote:
Does anyone have a schematic for the SX-212? * Yes,
I know it is old but would like to solve a problem with
the left channel.

*If it's before 1986, I probably have it. I'll check when I get back in the
shop next week. What is it doing?

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA

I purchased it new Feb. 1986. Sound is very mushy and volume is
extremely
low out of the left channel. Right channel is excellent. Thanks for
your reply.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

nucleus wrote:
Does anyone have a schematic for the SX-212? Yes,
I know it is old but would like to solve a problem with
the left channel.

If it's before 1986, I probably have it. I'll check when I get back
in the shop next week. What is it doing?

--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA

I purchased it new Feb. 1986. Sound is very mushy and volume is
extremely
low out of the left channel. Right channel is excellent. Thanks for
your reply.

I checked and I don't have that manual. I do have a notation saying to refer
to the SX-202 manual which I don't have either.

Common things to check are the speaker relay, switches, and controls. What
kind of experience do you have in troubleshooting audio equipment?

Good luck.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center
L.A., CA

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

nucleus wrote:

I purchased it new Feb. 1986. Sound is very mushy and volume is
extremely
low out of the left channel. Right channel is excellent. Thanks for
your reply.

Sounds like you need to upgrade from listening to cassettes.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

nucleus wrote:
[...]

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...eer_SX202.html

I found an SC-202 manual here.

[...]

[...]