fredoo0

Default Pioneer stereo receiver SX-737 repair book/figures

Hi,
am looking for Pioneer stereo receiver SX-737 repair book/figures.
Any information about where to purchase it ?
Thanks

Jerry G.

I remember this reciever from many years ago! I've serviced a number of
these a very long time ago.

Considering the age, I would be reluctant to buy it, unless this is for
an antique HiFi collection. You can be sure that there will probably be
a lot of dried up capacitors in it, unless they've been changed.

As for the parts and service manuals, you should try the antique radio
dealers. Pioneer would not have these any more.

Jerry G.
======

jakdedert

Jerry G. wrote:
I remember this reciever from many years ago! I've serviced a number
of these a very long time ago.

Considering the age, I would be reluctant to buy it, unless this is
for an antique HiFi collection. You can be sure that there will
probably be a lot of dried up capacitors in it, unless they've been
changed.

As for the parts and service manuals, you should try the antique radio
dealers. Pioneer would not have these any more.

I dunno, Jerry. I've had to service a few of these old silver-faced gems;
but for the most part, most are 'plug & play.' The quality of most of the
70's Japanese hifi from the major players (Pioneer, Sansui, Kenwood,
Technics, Marantz) is pretty amazing. There are many groups and forums on
the net devoted to them.

The OP would do well to check out the AudioKarma forum as well as Audio
Asylum.

If there is already something wrong with the 737, the OP can get help there;
but that would change the complexion of the advice.

jak

Jerry G.
======

Tim Schwartz

Hello,

A.G. Tannenbaum (do a google search for their web site) has many old
manuals that they sell good copies of.

Regards,
Tim Schwartz
Bristol Electronics