Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default magnavox plays only background noises

It pretty odd this has happend to people around the same time. THis
week it happened to me. All the other tvs work but not this one. I
get a mon, stereo, sap show up on my screen when I switch channels,
but when I go to the menu, there are no channels that allow me to
switch this. FOr a while when I went to TV mode instead of cable I
could hear all my channels. My channels that are local that broadcast
mono i can hear fine. Anything in stereo I cant hear. Also, my
xbox 360 plays fine through both speakers.

There are no features for SAP. If the tv shows mono, stereo it
works.

DOes anyone know how to manually reset? THere is no reset button?
THanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 22, 3:26*pm, steve yates wrote:
It pretty odd this has happend to people around the same time. *THis
week it happened to me. *All the other tvs work but not this one. *I
get a mon, stereo, sap show up on my screen when I switch channels,
but when I go to the menu, there are no channels that allow me to
switch this. * FOr a while when I went to TV mode instead of cable I
could hear all my channels. *My channels that are local that broadcast
mono i can hear fine. * *Anything in stereo I cant hear. *Also, my
xbox 360 plays fine through both speakers.

There are no features for SAP. *If the tv shows mono, stereo it
works.

DOes anyone know how to manually reset? *THere is no reset button?
THanks

Some TVs don't allow you to defeat the stereo mode and run in mono,
yours may be one of these. Others (like one of mine) are programmed
to go back to stereo after you shut down (figuring that no sane person
would put their TV in mono......).

Either get a cheap one box surround system, or go into the TV and kill
the MTS section of the audio (difficult to do without specific TV
repair knowledge).

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 22, 5:02*pm, John-Del wrote:
[...]

My wife accidently hid the "spanish lanuage mode button on her tv and
the sound went dead. It took me 30 minutes of exploring everything to
figure that out.