Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnavox VCR/DVD MWD2205 Changing Output to Channel 4

Hi,

I have a relative who moved recently and asked me to hook up her Magnavox
VCR/DVD model MWD2205. Note: The owner's manual is lost or mis-placed.

After I hooked it up, and set the date/time, etc., the only thing I was
unable to do is change the output from channel 3 (default) to channel 4.

Older VCRs have a switch on the back, but some new equipment do not.
I explored the menu settings, but I didn't locate a place where I can change
the output (channel 3 or 4).

Does anyone have information on changing the output from channel 3 to
channel 4?

Thank You in Advance, John

PS, Remove "ine" from my email address

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jan 12, 6:45*am, wrote:
Hi,

* *I have a relative who moved recently and asked me to hook up her Magnavox
VCR/DVD model MWD2205. *Note: The owner's manual is lost or mis-placed.

* *After I hooked it up, and set the date/time, etc., the only thing I was
unable to do is change the output from channel 3 (default) to channel 4. *

The switch is part of the modulator circuit, it's almost always right
next to
the F connector (RF output). Have you checked the bottom of the
unit, sometimes that's where the switch goes. If worst comes to
worst, you can use a standalone RF converter to take video/audio
signals and make analog CH 3 output.

It takes a strong light sometimes to see molded-in markings (black on
black)
that indicate the switch.