ML

Default PC Speakers / Ampilier - No Output from Left Channel

Hi,

I have an Creative I-Trigue® 2.1 3300 setup on my PC which has developed
a fault i.e. no output from the left channel.

The amp is built into the subwoofer, so the power cord, volume
control/headphone socket and speakers all connect to the back of the
subwoofer.

As I said the left channel output from the system has gone completely
dead - both for the speaker output AND the headphone output, so I assume
a component on the circuit board has died.
I have tried them in a different PC and the left channel is still dead.

Unfortunately the product is outside its warranty period, and the local
repair shop charge nearly half of what I paid for the system, just to
have a look !

I have searched the Creative support forum and it looks like a few
people have had the same issue, but ended up getting replacements under
the warranty.

I appreciate this is a bit of a stab in the dark without the schematics,
but can anyone suggest what might be at fault, going by the fault
description ?

Thanks for any help.

Mark.
Leonard Haney

Mark,

Check for something broken on the circuit board at the headphone jack. I've
had the jack fail, bad solder joints, or cracks in the foil traces cause
this. If you have an oscilloscope, look at the wave form coming into the
jack area for the left and right channels. It might be an easy fix. Good
luck...

Lenny