ML

Default PC Speakers / Ampilier - No Output from Left Channel

Hi,

I have an Creative I-Trigue® 2.1 3300 setup on my PC which has developed
a fault i.e. no output from the left channel.

The amp is built into the subwoofer, so the power cord, volume
control/headphone socket and speakers all connect to the back of the
subwoofer.

As I said the left channel output from the system has gone completely
dead - both for the speaker output AND the headphone output, so I assume
a component on the circuit board has died.
I have tried them in a different PC and the left channel is still dead.

Unfortunately the product is outside its warranty period, and the local
repair shop charge nearly half of what I paid for the system, just to
have a look !

I have searched the Creative support forum and it looks like a few
people have had the same issue, but ended up getting replacements under
the warranty.

I appreciate this is a bit of a stab in the dark without the schematics,
but can anyone suggest what might be at fault, going by the fault
description ?

Thanks for any help.

Mark.