Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default dvd sees blank dicks as full and can not write

My computer has started seeing any blank disk as full. i have 2 dvd
burner and they both act the same way. I have an external usb hard
drive and it also acts thesame way.

from windows xp explore all the disk drives are properly labeled as
dvd-rw, but when Iput afresh blank dvd in the disignation changes to
cd-rom and the properties list the disk as full. this mean I cannot
write to a disk from any of my drives. I thought I may have corupted
the system so I ran my recovery software with the same results. I
even installed a new copy of XP thinking that my recovery copy that
came with the (E-machine) was corrupted. Again with the same results.

I am starting to think it may be the firmware to my disk drive
controler

Thanks

hi boobs and dicks rose Home Repair 0 November 29th 09 03:23 PM
The SuperNova2 Sees Action Leon Woodturning 6 April 20th 09 03:46 PM
Dicks Wes[_2_] Metalworking 0 December 21st 07 07:31 PM
Pricks with awesome dicks! Milan & Nenad Double Decker UK diy 0 November 13th 07 07:22 AM
Porch Monkeys, these days, grocers scold between blank plains, unless they're full, Lame Newbie. Melodious Thunk Woodworking 0 June 27th 06 07:50 AM