Posted to sci.electronics.repair
AtomicTom AtomicTom is offline

Default dvd sees blank dicks as full and can not write

On Dec 28, 7:44*am, Sylvia Else wrote:
AtomicTom wrote:
My computer has started seeing any blank disk as full. *i have 2 dvd
burner and they both act the same way. I have an external usb hard
drive and it also acts thesame way.

from windows xp explore all the disk drives are properly labeled as
dvd-rw, but when Iput afresh blank dvd in the disignation changes to
cd-rom and the properties list the disk as full. this mean I cannot
write to a disk from any of my drives. *I thought I may have corupted
the system so I ran my recovery software with the same results. *I
even installed a new copy of XP thinking that my recovery copy that
came with the (E-machine) was corrupted. *Again with the same results..

I am starting to think it may be the firmware to my disk drive
controler

Thanks

What do you mean by "an external usb hard drive and it also acts the
same way"? Did you mean "hard drive" or "DVD drive" ?

Sylvia.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, yes an external USB dvd drive