Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Identifying old diodes and transistors.

I was going through some old diodes and transistors I had bought in bulk
around 1996. At the time they were put in ziplock bags and the bags marked.

Unfortunately over time, the markings faded, and the bags split, mixing
the contents.

Any help identifying them would be appreicated.

Diodes:

Small diodes: (about the since of 1n914's, but solid black plastic)
(motorola symbol) K 110 1AE 8712

3002-27 545 GI

Slightly larger:

3103 CE 8405

Much larger, about the diameter of a 5w carbon resistor, but about half as long:
3102CAGI8501

I also have a few transistors that are marked, but I can't figure out what
they are, and some that are unmarked. I have a digital multimeter with a
transistor socket, is there any thing I can read, or tips on using one to
determine what they are?

Thanks,

Geoff.