Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Help identifying dead electro. cap polarity?

This cap was removed from a 70's-80's German industrial machine:

http://i37.tinypic.com/10psxg3.jpg

It has no polarity markings. One terminal is common with the metal case. Is
this always an indication of the (-) terminal?

The base has molded terminal locations numbered 1-4, two of which are empty:

http://i36.tinypic.com/e6x542.jpg

Markings on the side a

B41111-B7108-T
1000uF 40V-
GERMANY
GPF DIN 41332 06.78

I find a few references to a Siemens part that is similar:

http://www.screenghost.com/shop/show.asp?ID=74#

but no datasheet can I find. Can someone more resourceful than I find one?

I cut open one of these caps. It is paper & foil (or so it seems) spiral wrap
construction. Can polarity be determined by internal construction? Is the
center terminal always one pole (ie, always +)?

Thanks.

Failed electro Phil Allison Electronic Schematics 15 August 15th 08 01:39 PM
Repair Electro Industries 3002A PSU after reverse polarity [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 February 26th 08 07:08 PM
An electro-political rant [email protected] Electronics Repair 12 July 27th 07 09:06 PM
Electro engraver? Gunner Metalworking 10 April 26th 06 05:24 AM
electro part MP\(W\) Electronics Repair 1 April 12th 05 05:09 PM