Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic VCR (NV-FJ620), heads dirty/plays fast?

Hi All,

Have a problem, hopefully someone might know what is going on.

Was playing a tape the other day on our Panasonic NV-FJ620 and all of
a sudden the picture split into 3/4 segments and went grey etc.
Anyway, I opened it up and cleaned the heads with iso. alcohol (eject,
audio and video heads) - video ones were quite dirty. After, the
picture was improved - but still not perfect (and the audio kept
dropping out).

Ejected, the put the tape back - it spooled (i.e. the rollers pushed
the tape against the drum) and started moving, but there was no
picture and the counter showed it was going too fast (like 3/4 seconds
in 1 actual second). This happened as I put the tape in, I didn't
press play etc - and in fact, if I try to press play, stop, eject
nothing happens while this is happening. You can see the tape
advancing (in the casette itself) and it going through, and no way of
stopping it. It basically continues to do this until the tape reaches
the end - then you can press play/eject etc.

Could this have happened after I cleaned the heads? Does anyone know
what would cause the above issue and how I could fix it?

Thanks heaps,
Andrew
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"andrew_h" wrote in message
[...]

Could just be light on the end sensors because you have the lid off.
Try shading it.

Cheers John.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 3, 8:08*am, "John Ferrier"
wrote:
"andrew_h" wrote in message

[...]

Hi John,

Thanks so much, this was exactly the problem. I've tried to fix the
underlying problem though and have really been stumped - I hope you
don't mind me emailing you with details to please see if you might
recognise the issue (using your email on this minus the anti spam word
part). Thanks HEAPS, really appreciate it! Andrew.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 7, 12:48*pm, andrew_h wrote:
On Nov 3, 8:08*am, "John Ferrier"
wrote:

"andrew_h" wrote in message

[...]

Hi John - the e-mail you list in here didn't seem to work (I took out
the 'antispam" word part) - would you mind please e-mailing me your
email address to mine, (without the REMOVE
word in it).

Thanks!
Andrew
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

"andrew_h" wrote in message

[...]

Me again... I just tried your email with a dot between names and it
seemed to go through (sent from my main address, not gmail one).

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 31 oct, 05:45, andrew_h wrote:
Hi All,

Have a problem, hopefully someone might know what is going on.

Was playing a tape the other day on our Panasonic NV-FJ620 and all of
a sudden the picture split into 3/4 segments and went grey etc.

check the highland electrix fault database.