Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Zenith DTT-901 = FLAKY

Please note that I'm posting this simply out of frustration; I don't
expect any solutions to these problems.

I'm one of the zillions of analog TV owners who ended up with one of
these DTV converter boxes. For the most part, it's worked well. Picture
and sound are fine, and it has decent software to navigate and choose
channels.

But there are definitely some flaky aspects to its behavior. Most
obvious lately has been the way that it "forgets" what time it is, or at
least what the correct hour is. For the last few days it's been
consistently off by exactly one hour, both in its display of the current
time and in the time of "now" and "next" show times.

I actually called Zenith today about this problem. Of course, it wasn't
long into the call that I was told "By the way, we don't support this
product anymore". Not terribly surprising, I guess, given that this was
basically a transitional device at the dawn of DTV.

Other flakiness exists. Many times, while scrolling through the "Simple
Guide" menu, the information given for a given channel is either totally
missing ("No Program Information"), or is wildly inaccurate, for
instance showing a show that aired 5 hours previously.

The software seems pretty badly designed. Anyone else noticed these
problems?

DIY help, how can i fix a flaky wall? [email protected] UK diy 7 January 14th 08 05:32 PM
LCD display flaky David Harmon Electronics Repair 3 September 1st 07 09:12 AM
flaky ceiling hannah d. UK diy 3 March 4th 07 11:51 PM
Flaky secuurity PIR light - replaced - still flaky Clive UK diy 1 May 29th 06 12:07 PM
DMM acting flaky ed Electronics Repair 3 February 15th 06 05:49 PM