Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crate GT-80 amplifier..

I have determine that the power supply transformer
in a Crate GT-80 needs replacing.
This becomes obvious when you remove all the secondaries
from any circuit and it still wants to take out it's primary
fuse, also, the mov's are removed.. along with only getting
4 mh of inductance on the primary that gives a Lx = 1.5 ..

In any case, contacting dealers that are suppose to be able
to obtain this little device just gives us nothing but grief
because they all refuse to sell the part over the counter, even
though the www.crateamps.com sight explicitly states that I
should be able to buy parts from any one of their distributors.

The last two I contacted that is with in reasonable distance
from me, insist on performing the repairs or at least taking a
look at it before they'll give in. I know the economy is bad but
this is really taking it to the bottom of the hole when things
get this bad. I don't mind paying a little extra for their profit
margin, it isn't my amp to start with. just a favor for a friend.

If any one of you have any insight..
this is the part #

94-620-01 which is the power xformer.. for a Crate GT-80
guitar amp.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jamie wrote:
[...]

Try contacting Mercury Magnetics - they may be able to help you find a
new xfrmr or rewind yours: http://www.mercurymagnetics.com

Crate by name ... N_Cook Electronics Repair 1 June 3rd 08 06:47 PM
Crate BX-100 amp ampdoc Electronics Repair 2 September 25th 06 09:53 PM
JAPANESE AMMO CRATE J T Woodworking 0 December 18th 05 04:46 AM
Dog crate end table Jay Woodworking 3 September 8th 04 05:31 PM