Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Crate BX-100 amp

I got this in, and someone else had attempted to repair it, the other guy
told me he had replaced the finals several times but they kept failing on
power-up. Looking at the output stage I think one of the FET's may be
incorrect. Could someone check the schematic and see if this unit is
supposed to have 2 IRFP140's for finals (both outputs N-channel?!)?
I believe this should have a complimentary output pair, IRFP140/IRFP9140, N
and P channel, but as I did not see it before parts were changed I'm not
sure.

Jammy

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ampdoc wrote:
I got this in, and someone else had attempted to repair it, the other guy
told me he had replaced the finals several times but they kept failing on
power-up. Looking at the output stage I think one of the FET's may be
incorrect. Could someone check the schematic and see if this unit is
supposed to have 2 IRFP140's for finals (both outputs N-channel?!)?
I believe this should have a complimentary output pair, IRFP140/IRFP9140, N
and P channel, but as I did not see it before parts were changed I'm not
sure.

Jammy

Call SLM and they'll email you the schemo. Just for reference, posting
in alt.guitar.amps will get more responses.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
Most of the time ones that you might not want

Heh...well those of us who haunt that group know that drill. And that's
AWL THAT MATTERS ON THE INTERNET ;-)

It has quieted down some after Lord Valve's semi retirement from the
group. He does know the "skinny" tho......sorry, couldn't resist.

CAMAC Crate Power Supply Schematic [email protected] Electronics Repair 1 July 2nd 06 09:37 PM
The Rikon 18" 10-345 band saw is here Leon Woodworking 18 February 2nd 06 06:14 PM
JAPANESE AMMO CRATE J T Woodworking 0 December 18th 05 04:46 AM
FA: Delta DJ-30 12" Jointer, New in Crate, Cheap! David Eisan Woodworking 15 January 25th 05 07:06 PM
Dog crate end table Jay Woodworking 3 September 8th 04 05:31 PM