DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Crate BX-100 amp (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/177195-crate-bx-100-amp.html)

ampdoc September 25th 06 05:55 PM

Crate BX-100 amp

I got this in, and someone else had attempted to repair it, the other guy
told me he had replaced the finals several times but they kept failing on
power-up. Looking at the output stage I think one of the FET's may be
incorrect. Could someone check the schematic and see if this unit is
supposed to have 2 IRFP140's for finals (both outputs N-channel?!)?
I believe this should have a complimentary output pair, IRFP140/IRFP9140, N
and P channel, but as I did not see it before parts were changed I'm not
sure.

Jammy

boardjunkie September 25th 06 09:15 PM

Crate BX-100 amp

ampdoc wrote:
I got this in, and someone else had attempted to repair it, the other guy
told me he had replaced the finals several times but they kept failing on
power-up. Looking at the output stage I think one of the FET's may be
incorrect. Could someone check the schematic and see if this unit is
supposed to have 2 IRFP140's for finals (both outputs N-channel?!)?
I believe this should have a complimentary output pair, IRFP140/IRFP9140, N
and P channel, but as I did not see it before parts were changed I'm not
sure.

Jammy

Call SLM and they'll email you the schemo. Just for reference, posting
in alt.guitar.amps will get more responses.

boardjunkie September 25th 06 09:53 PM

Crate BX-100 amp

Meat Plow wrote:
Most of the time ones that you might not want :)

Heh...well those of us who haunt that group know that drill. And that's
AWL THAT MATTERS ON THE INTERNET ;-)

It has quieted down some after Lord Valve's semi retirement from the
group. He does know the "skinny" tho......sorry, couldn't resist.