Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung model TX-P3064W high pitched sound from SMPS

I got this set in for repair and noticed a high pitched sound when
turn on is attempted.. The heat sink near the flyback has two
transistors mounted to it. The larger one that looks like it could be
a Hor output is marked J6020. I checked it as though it was a hor
output and it looks shorted all around. I can't find any information
on what type of device this is. The board is marked near it "HC401".
So I'm assuming that is its designation but I really am not sure. The
front of the other three terminal device on the heat sink is covered
by what looks like an HV cap so I was not able to get a number off
that but it looks to be a little small to be a hor output. Has anyone
seen one of these sets with this symptom who might be able to offer
any assistance? And if by chance anyone has a schematic they would be
willing to share that would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lenny.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sat, 3 Oct 2009 14:56:42 -0700 (PDT),
" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

I got this set in for repair and noticed a high pitched sound when
turn on is attempted.. The heat sink near the flyback has two
transistors mounted to it. The larger one that looks like it could be
a Hor output is marked J6020.

Parts List:
http://www.partstore.com/GetModel.as...tsearchSKUList

Samsung p/n 0502-001230 is a transistor:
http://www.encompassparts.com/products/?0502-001230

The number appears to be J6920, not J6020 ... unless I have the wrong
part.

One URL identified this part:
http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/FJ%2FFJL6920.pdf
http://dalincom.ru/datasheet/FJL6920.pdf

"FJL6920. High Voltage Color Display Horizontal. Deflection Output"

This flyer ...

http://www.acme-sales.net/flyer710.pdf

.... lists a FJL6920 for $7 and states that "PART IS MARKED J6920".

- Franc Zabkar