Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba 26HLV66 shuts down after 10 minutes.

This Toshiba 26HLV66 comes on with a nice bright clear picture. After warm
up, it will either:

1. Picture freezes and audio still plays fine.
2. Picture goes black.
3. Controls lock up.

Then, it will shut down after any of the above and restart itself after a
few seconds. It will play fine for another few moments and then the process
repeats.

There are several smd capacitors that are at the upper limit of their esr
but before I go shotgunning caps, I was wondering if anybody had some
service tips on this model.

Thanks for your reply.
--
David Farber
David Farber's Service Center

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 11:25:25 -0700, "David Farber"
wrote:

This Toshiba 26HLV66 comes on with a nice bright clear picture.
After warm up, it will either:

1. Picture freezes and audio still plays fine.
2. Picture goes black.
3. Controls lock up.

Then, it will shut down after any of the above and restart itself
after a few seconds. It will play fine for another few moments and
then the process repeats.

There are several smd capacitors that are at the upper limit of
their esr but before I go shotgunning caps, I was wondering if
anybody had some service tips on this model.

Thanks for your reply.

PE0040L-1 PSU

Common enough problem to find them listed as OEM or refurb parts.
May or may not narrow it down for you but it's something to consider.

I found the other pc boards listed online as well. Did you mean the problem
I described was linked to a common power supply board failure? I cannot find
any tech info online about this.

I should have mentioned in my original post that after the tv shuts down and
then powers up again, the yellow "disc" light blinks three times. If you
shut off the tv before it shuts itself down, the light does not blink at all
upon restart. Also, the audio on three of the local Los Angeles stations is
absent. The channels are 2.1, 7.1, and 9.1. Those are KCBS, KABC, and KCAL.
I checked to make sure the SAP was set to stereo. The audio on KNBC, 4.1 is
fine. I'm not sure what setting, if that is the problem, could differentiate
the audio between those stations.

Thanks for your reply.