Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Nad Equipment failure and revival

I was fiddling with a Nad receiver over the weekend. I wanted
to check once again about obtaining an obosolete FM chip
I bought the receiver about 7 years ago. I might have rebuilt the power amp
section but the FM did not work and the chip got extremely hot.
I figured it was bad. Now 7 years later I fire it up and am surprised
it works. Not getting hot either. I'm thinking 3 possibilities.

Possible short or power supply problem.
Capacitors doing something different.
Spontanious resurection of the chip.

??