Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Nad Equipment failure and revival

In article , "William Sommerwerck" wrote:
There might have been a short on the PC board (such as a stray wire end)
that caused the wrong voltage to get to the wrong pin of the chip. I saw
this happen once with an op amp in a kit I was assembling. When I removed
the solder blob, it worked fine.

The equipment has moved around since way back, several times.
There is a layer of dust on the uncovered equipment but
I don't think that helped anything. Something to keep in mind though !

I got some other Nad stuff to fix. Nasty how some of the traces have melted
in some cases. I bought all this broken stuff on Ebay.

greg