Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

Default Cheap trimmer adjustment tool

aka trimmer alignment tool. Looking for the flat head type used for
adjusting pots. Cheapest I've seen is $.70, anyone seen a cheaper
source in the US?
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
aka trimmer alignment tool. Looking for the flat head type used for
adjusting pots. Cheapest I've seen is $.70, anyone seen a cheaper
source in the US?

How many are you looking for?

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
aka trimmer alignment tool. Looking for the flat head type used for
adjusting pots. Cheapest I've seen is $.70, anyone seen a cheaper
source in the US?

We just used to file up plastic knitting needles in the day. No old granny
anywhere in the family that has got any for free in a cupboard somewhere ?
:-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message
aka trimmer alignment tool. Looking for the flat head type used for
adjusting pots. Cheapest I've seen is $.70, anyone seen a cheaper
source in the US?

We just used to file up plastic knitting needles in the day. No old granny
anywhere in the family that has got any for free in a cupboard somewhere ?
:-)

Arfa

70 cents is irrelevant. Does it fit? Can it be adjusted to fit and will it
last long enough to do the job? What will be the shipping and handling
costs? Our need at this stage of the game is a very fine non conducting
tool that can adjust surface mount trimmer caps in reference oscillator
modules without detuning and with the least amount of damage.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 3, 1:22*pm, "Tom Biasi" wrote:
How many are you looking for?

Around 500. Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
On Aug 3, 1:22 pm, "Tom Biasi" wrote:
How many are you looking for?

Around 500. Thanks!

To break your price you probably would need to buy 10,000.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"JB" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message
aka trimmer alignment tool. Looking for the flat head type used for
adjusting pots. Cheapest I've seen is $.70, anyone seen a cheaper
source in the US?

We just used to file up plastic knitting needles in the day. No old
granny
anywhere in the family that has got any for free in a cupboard somewhere
?
:-)

Arfa

70 cents is irrelevant. Does it fit? Can it be adjusted to fit and will
it
last long enough to do the job? What will be the shipping and handling
costs? Our need at this stage of the game is a very fine non conducting
tool that can adjust surface mount trimmer caps in reference oscillator
modules without detuning and with the least amount of damage.

Well, that's hardly the same thing as "flat head type used for adjusting
pots" , is it ?

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:
No old granny
anywhere in the family that has got any for free in a cupboard somewhere ?
:-)

Granny in a cupboard? Is there enough air in there?

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Adrian C wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:
No old granny
anywhere in the family that has got any for free in a cupboard
somewhere ? :-)

Granny in a cupboard? Is there enough air in there?

Don't worry - it`s an 'English thing'

Ron
Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

On Aug 3, 3:58*pm, "Tom Biasi" wrote:
To break your price you probably would need to buy 10,000.

I'll scour the surplus electronics sites a few more times.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"JB" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message

[...]

No. Now that we know what "HE" needs (a whole lot easier to find, AKA;
screwdriver). Maybe I should start my own thread.