Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JB[_5_] JB[_5_] is offline

Default Cheap trimmer adjustment tool

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

wrote in message
aka trimmer alignment tool. Looking for the flat head type used for
adjusting pots. Cheapest I've seen is $.70, anyone seen a cheaper
source in the US?

We just used to file up plastic knitting needles in the day. No old granny
anywhere in the family that has got any for free in a cupboard somewhere ?
:-)

Arfa

70 cents is irrelevant. Does it fit? Can it be adjusted to fit and will it
last long enough to do the job? What will be the shipping and handling
costs? Our need at this stage of the game is a very fine non conducting
tool that can adjust surface mount trimmer caps in reference oscillator
modules without detuning and with the least amount of damage.