Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Toshiba 57H94 TV

The power light flashes green three times, separated by a long pause,
and repeats. Set will not power-up. I need to know what this code
means. I was Toshiba authorized, but that was 20 years ago.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

uptimod wrote:
The power light flashes green three times, separated by a long pause,
and repeats. Set will not power-up. I need to know what this code
means. I was Toshiba authorized, but that was 20 years ago.

Friend,
I have a 51H94... same as yours but with a 51 inch screen. My manual
is marked for 51H94/57H94.. On page 94 the symptom you describe is
listed and the problem indicated is: "The fan for cooling the CableCARD
has stopped. Press power to turn OFF the TV, unplug the power cord, and
contact a Toshiba Authorized Service Center".
I guess if you feel competent enough you could try to check and/or
replace the fan yourself. It's gotta be right there near the cable card
slot. I did a quick look at the schematic CD I have but couldn't locate it.
JFK
LT USN(Ret)
LDO Communications