Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.video,alt.home-theater.misc

Default Using Toshiba vc-625 remote control to set picture settings on Toshiba 20af42 TV

So, I just got a used Toshiba TV (model 20af42). I'm just trying to
figure out how to set the display settings (Color, Brightness, etc).
However, the TV itself only has five buttons on it - "power, volume
up/down and channel up/down" (I checked the back of the TV as well as
looked for any panel that I could open).

The remote doesn't appear to have any way of accessing the picture
settings. I was hoping I could do some key combo or just hold down one
key for a prolonged period of time to access the picture settings on
the TV - but no luck.

Any suggestions on how I might use this remote or the TV directly to
access the picture settings?

Thanks,
Novice

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.video,alt.home-theater.misc

http://tacpservice.toshiba.com/Consu...F41_24AF41.pdf

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.video,alt.home-theater.misc

No luck - The remote I have doesn't have a menu button - I have an
enter button, but no matter how long I hold down the button or whether
I press this enter button in conjuncture with another button I don't
get a menu to appear.

I think at this point I should go shopping for a new remote control to
see if I can find one that will give me access to the menu.

Novice

Charles Schuler wrote:
http://tacpservice.toshiba.com/Consu...F41_24AF41.pdf

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.video,alt.home-theater.misc

It sounds like you don't have the proper remote. You need the original
manufacture remote with that set in order to get in to the menus.

--

JANA
_____

ups.com...

Charles Schuler wrote:
http://tacpservice.toshiba.com/Consu...F41_24AF41.pdf

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.video,alt.home-theater.misc

I manage to borrow a remote with the menu button - but I was hoping I
could get access to that menu with my existing remote or better yet
just using some button on the TV itself. Seems like a bit of an
oversight on Toshiba's part not to put a sixth button for the menu on
the TV... meh...

I had actually hoped that there was some arcane way of getting access
to the menu... for instance I know on some cars, you can do some
ignition sequence and get the four lights to light up to output
diagnostic information - ah well.

Novice

JANA wrote:
It sounds like you don't have the proper remote. You need the original
manufacture remote with that set in order to get in to the menus.

--

JANA
_____

ups.com...