Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default 2SD2355 in Tv standby circuit - alternatives?

I'm currently working on a Tv with the ONWA chassis which refuses to
enter standby properly (line stage still runs). In the past on these
sets it was a matter of repalcing a couple of transistors, usually a
2SA1013 and 2SC2355. However this one uses, as Q507, a 2SD2335, which
is NPN I believe and which I'm having trouble finding. what else could
I use?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

On 9 jul, 16:55, b wrote:
I'm currently working on a Tv with the ONWA chassis which refuses to
enter standby properly (line stage still runs). In the past on these
sets it was a matter of repalcing a couple of transistors, usually a
2SA1013 and 2SC2355. However this one uses, as Q507, a 2SD2335, which
is NPN I believe and which I'm having trouble finding. what else could
I use?

I've just sort of answered my own question .- contrary to the
information I had earlier, I have discovered that the 2SD2335 and
2SC2335 are both NPN, tho' the 2SC lacks the damper diode, I fitted it
and it seems OK. I don't think this application is very demanding and
it is possible the original was slightly over rated?? will keep under
observation.

-B
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"b" wrote in message
On 9 jul, 16:55, b wrote:
I'm currently working on a Tv with the ONWA chassis which refuses to
enter standby properly (line stage still runs). In the past on these
sets it was a matter of repalcing a couple of transistors, usually a
2SA1013 and 2SC2355. However this one uses, as Q507, a 2SD2335, which
is NPN I believe and which I'm having trouble finding. what else could
I use?

I've just sort of answered my own question .- contrary to the
information I had earlier, I have discovered that the 2SD2335 and
2SC2335 are both NPN, tho' the 2SC lacks the damper diode, I fitted it
and it seems OK. I don't think this application is very demanding and
it is possible the original was slightly over rated?? will keep under
observation.

-B

In Japanese transistor nomenclature, "A" and "B" are used to designate PNP,
and "C" and "D" for NPN types

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I've just sort of answered my own question .- contrary to the
information I had earlier, I have discovered that the 2SD2335 and
2SC2335 are both NPN, tho' the 2SC lacks the damper diode, I fitted it
and it seems OK. I don't think this application is very demanding and
it is possible the original was slightly over rated?? will keep under
observation.

This rings some bells...
When I repaired one of these chasis I was faced with the same problem.
I ordered the "original" 2SD2335 and received a much bigger transistor
(I belive was a PC monitor HOT), then I realized the original was not
correctly labeled and used a BUT11AF as a replacement, that was a much
better fit. It worked fine.