Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Schematic Diagram database -- access problem

I found this database of schematic diagrams:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/

Unfortunately neither of my browsers (Firefox 2.0.0.15, Opera 9.27)
can drill down to a clickable PDF file.

For example, to obtain the manual for an Aiwa TV model 14GT33, I need
to click TV - Aiwa.

I then need to manually build the following URL:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/Tv/aiwa/TV-14GT33.pdf

The PDF icon is not clickable. Is there a problem with my browsers, or
am I having problems because I haven't registered?

BTW, I can build URLs using Book, HA, and Monitor as directory names,
but I can't hit on the correct names for Home Audio, Car Audio, or OA
& MOBI.

I realise my browser versions are not up-to-date.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
I found this database of schematic diagrams:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/

Unfortunately neither of my browsers (Firefox 2.0.0.15, Opera 9.27)
can drill down to a clickable PDF file.

For example, to obtain the manual for an Aiwa TV model 14GT33, I need
to click TV - Aiwa.

I then need to manually build the following URL:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/Tv/aiwa/TV-14GT33.pdf

The PDF icon is not clickable. Is there a problem with my browsers, or
am I having problems because I haven't registered?

BTW, I can build URLs using Book, HA, and Monitor as directory names,
but I can't hit on the correct names for Home Audio, Car Audio, or OA
& MOBI.

I realise my browser versions are not up-to-date.

- Franc Zabkar

not tried your problem site but sometimes I've found going thru a proxy like
http://www.loband.org/loband/main
or anonymouse sometimes helps for some odd reason, if a browser "problem"

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar wrote:

I then need to manually build the following URL:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/Tv/aiwa/TV-14GT33.pdf

The PDF icon is not clickable. Is there a problem with my browsers, or
am I having problems because I haven't registered?

The PDF came down here apparently correct, somewhat slow though.
It says
"SERVICE MANUAL, COLOR TELEVISION TV-14GT33 D
MODEL CODE : 8ZJBV-0297 (ST6L)",
is 19 pages, and 5.730 kB

If you offer a mail address, I can send it appended.

Regards,
H.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 20 May 2009 09:34:27 +0200, Heinz Schmitz
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Franc Zabkar wrote:

I then need to manually build the following URL:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/Tv/aiwa/TV-14GT33.pdf

The PDF icon is not clickable. Is there a problem with my browsers, or
am I having problems because I haven't registered?

The PDF came down here apparently correct, somewhat slow though.
It says
"SERVICE MANUAL, COLOR TELEVISION TV-14GT33 D
MODEL CODE : 8ZJBV-0297 (ST6L)",
is 19 pages, and 5.730 kB

If you offer a mail address, I can send it appended.

Regards,
H.

I don't have a problem downloading the file from the above URL. My
problem is that the PDF icon for that file on the web site is not
clickable, so I have to build the above URL by hand.

If you go to http://service.eclubthai.com/new/, then click on
"Schematic Diagram - TV", and then "aiwa", can you click any of the
PDFs?

If you need to build a URL, here are the subdirectories for some of
the other categories:

Home Audio /new/audio
TV /new/Tv
Monitor /new/monitor
Book /new/Book
HA (household appliances?) /new/HA
Car Audio /new/car
OA & MOBIle phones /new/????
eeprom /????????

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 20 May 2009 18:08:57 +1000, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

I don't have a problem downloading the file from the above URL. My
problem is that the PDF icon for that file on the web site is not
clickable, so I have to build the above URL by hand.

If you go to http://service.eclubthai.com/new/, then click on
"Schematic Diagram - TV", and then "aiwa", can you click any of the
PDFs?

I get the same (lack of) results with both IE6 and firefox 3.

--
Geo

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar Inscribed thus:

I found this database of schematic diagrams:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/

Unfortunately neither of my browsers (Firefox 2.0.0.15, Opera 9.27)
can drill down to a clickable PDF file.

For example, to obtain the manual for an Aiwa TV model 14GT33, I need
to click TV - Aiwa.

I then need to manually build the following URL:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/Tv/aiwa/TV-14GT33.pdf

The PDF icon is not clickable. Is there a problem with my browsers, or
am I having problems because I haven't registered?

BTW, I can build URLs using Book, HA, and Monitor as directory names,
but I can't hit on the correct names for Home Audio, Car Audio, or OA
& MOBI.

I realise my browser versions are not up-to-date.

- Franc Zabkar

Hi Franc,
You're not alone ! Non of the "pdf" links are clickable for me either.
Using Wins or Linux. Various browsers, Opera, Firefox, Ie6/7 or
Konquerer.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bg bg is offline

Franc Zabkar wrote:

[...]

Did you try ----
right click the pdf icon and select "save target as"

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 20 May 2009 08:30:04 -0400, Meat Plow
put finger to keyboard and composed:

On Wed, 20 May 2009 16:31:09 +1000, Franc Zabkar
wrote:

am I having problems because I haven't registered?

Cha Ching!

I viewed the source code for that page but found no PDFs. I suspect
that by going directly to the /new/ directory instead of via the home
page, some essential Javascript code is not downloaded. R-clicking the
PDF icon doesn't do anything either.

I registered, but I still couldn't get in.

Thanks to all.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

am I having problems because I haven't registered?

Cha Ching!

I viewed the source code for that page but found no PDFs. I suspect
that by going directly to the /new/ directory instead of via the home
page, some essential Javascript code is not downloaded. R-clicking the
PDF icon doesn't do anything either.

I registered, but I still couldn't get in.

Thanks to all.

I get an error message:

Fedora Core Test Page
This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server
after it has been installed. If you can read this page, it means that
the web server installed at this site is working properly, but has not
yet been configured.

If you are a member of the general public:
The fact that you are seeing this page indicates that the website you
just visited is either experiencing problems, or is undergoing routine
maintenance.

If you would like to let the administrators of this website know that
you've seen this page instead of the page you expected, you should send
them e-mail. In general, mail sent to the name "webmaster" and directed
to the website's domain should reach the appropriate person.

For example, if you experienced problems while visiting www.example.com,
you should send e-mail to ".

For information on Fedora Core, please visit the Fedora Project website.

If you are the website administrator:
You may now add content to the directory /var/www/html/. Note that until
you do so, people visiting your website will see this page, and not your
content. To prevent this page from ever being used, follow the
instructions in the file /etc/httpd/conf.d/welcome.conf.

You are free to use the images below on Apache and Fedora Core powered
HTTP servers. Thanks for using Apache and Fedora Core!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Franc Zabkar wrote:

I don't have a problem downloading the file from the above URL.

Good for you. When I read the pdf, I found it is in some Asian font
and contained just some drawings - no schematic.

My
problem is that the PDF icon for that file on the web site is not
clickable, so I have to build the above URL by hand.

If you go to http://service.eclubthai.com/new/, then click on
"Schematic Diagram - TV", and then "aiwa", can you click any of the
PDFs?

Funny enough, I had no problem the first time (Firefox, this is how I
downloaded the pdf). All other experiments to get some other file
failed.

Regards,
H.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

wrote:

am I having problems because I haven't registered?

Cha Ching!

I viewed the source code for that page but found no PDFs. I suspect
that by going directly to the /new/ directory instead of via the home
page, some essential Javascript code is not downloaded. R-clicking the
PDF icon doesn't do anything either.

I registered, but I still couldn't get in.

Thanks to all.

- Franc Zabkar

I looked at the code too and there is nothing there. Something is
broken if you cant register and download.

Could just be a method of collecting Email addresses for spam delivery !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

am I having problems because I haven't registered?

Cha Ching!

Yeah, that'd be my guess too.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Franc Zabkar wrote:

I found this database of schematic diagrams:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/

Unfortunately neither of my browsers (Firefox 2.0.0.15, Opera 9.27)
can drill down to a clickable PDF file.

For example, to obtain the manual for an Aiwa TV model 14GT33, I need
to click TV - Aiwa.

I then need to manually build the following URL:
http://service.eclubthai.com/new/Tv/aiwa/TV-14GT33.pdf

The PDF icon is not clickable. Is there a problem with my browsers, or
am I having problems because I haven't registered?

BTW, I can build URLs using Book, HA, and Monitor as directory names,
but I can't hit on the correct names for Home Audio, Car Audio, or OA
& MOBI.

I realise my browser versions are not up-to-date.

- Franc Zabkar

I just had a look and it downloaded fine for me - Mac using latest
Firefox

David
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David wrote:

[...]