Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TDS544A adjustment software

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the adjustment software
for a Tektronix TDS544A oscilloscope? It's a small DOS program that's
required to make all electrical adjustments.

According to the service manual, the same software is also used for
the TDS520A, 524A, and 540A. It's not on their web site, and I doubt
they will want to help since its over 15 years old.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:25:57 -0500, Andy Cuffe
wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the adjustment software
for a Tektronix TDS544A oscilloscope? It's a small DOS program that's
required to make all electrical adjustments.

According to the service manual, the same software is also used for
the TDS520A, 524A, and 540A. It's not on their web site, and I doubt
they will want to help since its over 15 years old.
Andy Cuffe

Well, Tektronix was no help. What happened to that company? They
used to have good customer service, but now all they care about is
selling new test equipment. Poor legacy support has got to be hurting
their sales.

I don't expect parts to be available forever, but considering what
these things cost new, they should at least make the old software
available for download.

If I can download a driver for a 15 year laptop from IBM, then why not
an expensive oscilloscope from Tektronix?
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the adjustment software
for a Tektronix TDS544A oscilloscope? *It's a small DOS program that's
required to make all electrical adjustments.

According to the service manual, the same software is also used for
the TDS520A, 524A, and 540A. *It's not on their web site, and I doubt
they will want to help since its over 15 years old. *
Andy Cuffe

Well, Tektronix was no help. *What happened to that company? *They
used to have good customer service, but now all they care about is
selling new test equipment. *Poor legacy support has got to be hurting
their sales. *

They got bought up by a company named Danaher, and have apparently
become a sweatshop. Danaher also owns Fluke.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the adjustment software
for a Tektronix TDS544A oscilloscope? It's a small DOS program that's
required to make all electrical adjustments.

According to the service manual, the same software is also used for
the TDS520A, 524A, and 540A. It's not on their web site, and I doubt
they will want to help since its over 15 years old.
Andy Cuffe

I finally managed to find a copy, so if anyone else needs it, send me
an email.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:50:26 -0500 Andy Cuffe wrote in
Message id: :

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the adjustment software
for a Tektronix TDS544A oscilloscope? It's a small DOS program that's
required to make all electrical adjustments.

According to the service manual, the same software is also used for
the TDS520A, 524A, and 540A. It's not on their web site, and I doubt
they will want to help since its over 15 years old.
Andy Cuffe

I finally managed to find a copy, so if anyone else needs it, send me
an email.
Andy Cuffe

Hello Andy, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like a copy. Where did you
manage to find it? Is it possible to make a ISO image, or zip it up and
email?

66gtojayw AT comcast.net

Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:50:26 -0500, Andy Cuffe put
finger to keyboard and composed:

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the adjustment software
for a Tektronix TDS544A oscilloscope? It's a small DOS program that's
required to make all electrical adjustments.

According to the service manual, the same software is also used for
the TDS520A, 524A, and 540A. It's not on their web site, and I doubt
they will want to help since its over 15 years old.
Andy Cuffe

I finally managed to find a copy, so if anyone else needs it, send me
an email.

Why not upload it here?
ftp://bama.sbc.edu/downloads/tek/
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/tektronix/
http://www.eserviceinfo.com

BTW there is no copyright restriction AFAICT:
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/tektron...ghtRelease.pdf

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 20:50:26 -0500 Andy Cuffe wrote in
Message id: :

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 00:25:57 -0500, Andy Cuffe
wrote:

[...]

I finally managed to find a copy, so if anyone else needs it, send me
an email.
Andy Cuffe

Thanks for the software Andy, I posted it to
alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
as well as the Yahoo Tektronix group and http://www.ko4bb.com/ for anyone
who might be interested.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the adjustment software
for a Tektronix TDS544A oscilloscope? *It's a small DOS program that's
required to make all electrical adjustments.

According to the service manual, the same software is also used for
the TDS520A, 524A, and 540A. *It's not on their web site, and I doubt
they will want to help since its over 15 years old. *
Andy Cuffe

I finally managed to find a copy, so if anyone else needs it, send me
an email.
Andy Cuffe

Andy--

I would like a copy of the adjustment software if possible.

Thanks,

--Paul
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 11:00:52 -0400, JW wrote:

Ah. There it is. Thanks.
http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/Tektron...t_Software.ZIP

If anyone gets it working, be sure to share any tips. I haven't had a
chance to try it yet, but I will post back as soon as I do.
Andy Cuffe

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 00:41:12 -0500 Andy Cuffe wrote in
Message id: :

On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 11:00:52 -0400, JW wrote:

Ah. There it is. Thanks.
http://www.ko4bb.com/Manuals/Tektron...t_Software.ZIP

If anyone gets it working, be sure to share any tips. I haven't had a
chance to try it yet, but I will post back as soon as I do.
Andy Cuffe

I still haven't gotten around to putting together a system with an ISA bus
slot, or even found the specific NI PC2A/PCIIA ISA card at a reasonable
price. (Reasonable being $50 or so.) When I get the card, I suppose
that'll give me some motivation.