Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Siren problem, dead MOSFET ?

Hi all electronics gurus,

i just replaced the battery on the siren with 7.2v 200MAH, but
unfortunatelly i can hear extremely
quiet siren. It so so hard to hear it that i needed to put my ear on
it to hear it.

Something is wrong for sure. I hope i didn't burn something, but most
possibly I have.

I assume that the MOSFET is not dead because there is no visible
damage on it. I heard that when they burn they
make a hole or melt or something that i could say it is dead just
eyeballing it.

If anyone have any ideas, please.

Otherwise the alarm and the siren is responsive to the commands.
Chirps on lock, on panick mode also. But it is just extremely quiet. I
mean not as before I have replaced the battery.

Thanks

A high res schematics can be seen on http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?i...msiren3pb8.jpg