Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Default Wtd: Heathkit IT-2232 Component Tracer Instructions

Does anyone have operating instructions for a Heathkit IT-2232
"Component Tracer"? I just picked one up at a swap meet but there was no
manual. Here's a picture of the unit:
http://snipr.com/nostalgic_kits_central

-Thanks
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

"Sofa Slug" wrote in message
Does anyone have operating instructions for a Heathkit IT-2232 "Component
Tracer"? I just picked one up at a swap meet but there was no manual.
Here's a picture of the unit: http://snipr.com/nostalgic_kits_central

-Thanks

Bob, you can always try the Yahoo! user group for
Heathkits. Very active group, and they've been helpful
in the past.

Pete

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

On 02/22/2009 09:08 AM, Sofa Slug sent:

http://www.d8apro.com/heath2.htm

--
1PW @?6A62?FEH9E=6o2@=]4@ [r4o7t]
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

1PW wrote:
On 02/22/2009 09:08 AM, Sofa Slug sent:
Does anyone have operating instructions for a Heathkit IT-2232
"Component Tracer"? I just picked one up at a swap meet but there was no
manual. Here's a picture of the unit:
http://snipr.com/nostalgic_kits_central

-Thanks

http://www.d8apro.com/heath2.htm

I appreciate the link. Unfortunately, they want about $25 (w/tax +
shipping) for a COPY. I might pay that for an original, but I think
that's excessive for a copy of unknown quality. BTW, this is the guy
that bought the rights to the Heathkit name and is reselling their manuals.
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Tio Pedro wrote:
"Sofa Slug" wrote in message
Does anyone have operating instructions for a Heathkit IT-2232 "Component
Tracer"? I just picked one up at a swap meet but there was no manual.
Here's a picture of the unit: http://snipr.com/nostalgic_kits_central

-Thanks

Bob, you can always try the Yahoo! user group for
Heathkits. Very active group, and they've been helpful
in the past.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the tip - I will check out the group. BTW, I'm not Bob
....just call me Sofa

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Sofa Slug wrote:

http://www.d8apro.com/heath2.htm

I appreciate the link. Unfortunately, they want about $25 (w/tax +
shipping) for a COPY. I might pay that for an original, but I think
that's excessive for a copy of unknown quality. BTW, this is the guy
that bought the rights to the Heathkit name and is reselling their manuals.

This guy seems to be behind the disappearance of most free Heath
manuals from the web. E.g. Bama has only an empty directory left for
Heath manuals.
Manuals from before 1964 might not be hit, however, if Heath did not
renew copyrights for them.

As to copy or original: I wouldn't mind, because all I'd need was the
information in it.
As to price: You might try to sell it on eBay, after having copied it.

Regards,
H.

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:56:05 +0100, Heinz Schmitz
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Sofa Slug wrote:

http://www.d8apro.com/heath2.htm

I appreciate the link. Unfortunately, they want about $25 (w/tax +
shipping) for a COPY. I might pay that for an original, but I think
that's excessive for a copy of unknown quality. BTW, this is the guy
that bought the rights to the Heathkit name and is reselling their manuals.

This guy seems to be behind the disappearance of most free Heath
manuals from the web. E.g. Bama has only an empty directory left for
Heath manuals.

IMO user manuals and service manuals should be free.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Sofa Slug vient de nous annoncer :
Does anyone have operating instructions for a Heathkit IT-2232 "Component
Tracer"? I just picked one up at a swap meet but there was no manual. Here's
a picture of the unit: http://snipr.com/nostalgic_kits_central

-Thanks

Did you try it ? http://www.pestingers.net/IT2232.htm
With kind regards

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Alpigo wrote:
Sofa Slug vient de nous annoncer :

Does anyone have operating instructions for a Heathkit IT-2232
"Component Tracer"? I just picked one up at a swap meet but there was
no manual. Here's a picture of the unit:
http://snipr.com/nostalgic_kits_central

-Thanks

Did you try ? http://www.pestingers.net/IT2232.htm
With kind regards

The manual & schematic links don't work, but the catalog ad is helpful
enough where I can probably figure out how to operate it.

-Thanks
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

"Sofa Slug" wrote in message
Alpigo wrote:
Sofa Slug vient de nous annoncer :

Does anyone have operating instructions for a Heathkit IT-2232
"Component Tracer"? I just picked one up at a swap meet but there was no
manual. Here's a picture of the unit:
http://snipr.com/nostalgic_kits_central

-Thanks

Did you try ? http://www.pestingers.net/IT2232.htm
With kind regards

The manual & schematic links don't work, but the catalog ad is helpful
enough where I can probably figure out how to operate it.

-Thanks

The Huntron Tracker instructions should give you a great idea on how to use
it and how different components good or bad should look.

Paul P.

Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Default and..

http://www.huntron.com/products/diagnostics.htm
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Tio Pedro wrote:
"Sofa Slug" wrote in message
Does anyone have operating instructions for a Heathkit IT-2232 "Component
Tracer"? I just picked one up at a swap meet but there was no manual.
Here's a picture of the unit: http://snipr.com/nostalgic_kits_central

-Thanks

Bob, you can always try the Yahoo! user group for
Heathkits. Very active group, and they've been helpful
in the past.

Pete

As per your suggestion, I was able to get all the info I needed on the
Heathkit Tracer from someone on the Yahoo Heathkit Group. Thanks!
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

Paul P wrote:
http://www.huntron.com/products/diagnostics.htm

Thanks - I appreciate the link; some of the info there is indeed also
applicable to the Heathkit Tracer.
Posted to rec.antiques.radio+phono,sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:54:39 -0800, Jeffrey D Angus
wrote:

" So despite the fact that almost everyone thought Heathkit died,
it still exists and is still doing well. Check out its Web site
at www.heathkit.com.

That's Heathkit Educational Systems (HES). They sell the educational
and training kits only.

Interestingly enough, this conflicts with what the guy at d8apro
has to say about things. http://www.d8apro.com/

They sell Heathkit manuals, parts, pieces, and service. Not that
there are no educational kits listed.

So, which is correct?

Both. There's no overlap unless you want a manual on one of the old
educational kits.

It appears that HES owns all the Heathkit trademarks. Digging through
the US Patent and Trademark mess for "heathkit":
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=toc&state=4006%3Aghd4rb.1.1&p_search=s earchss&p_L=50&BackReference=&p_plural=yes&p_s_PAR A1=&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA1%24LD&expr=PARA1+AND+PARA2& p_s_PARA2=heathkit&p_tagrepl~%3A=PARA2%24COMB&p_op _ALL=AND&a_default=search&a_search=Submit+Query&a_ search=Submit+Query
Looks like documents and manuals part of the trademark also belong to
HES, not d8apro, which might cause some problems:
http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f=doc&state=4006:ghd4rb.2.3

# 831-336-2558
#
http://802.11junk.com
#
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS

Circuit Tracer [email protected] UK diy 10 November 16th 08 02:04 PM
Tick Tracer SteveB[_6_] Metalworking 10 March 26th 08 10:51 AM
Tek 2232 Oscilloscope Andrew[_2_] Electronics Repair 6 September 23rd 07 12:04 AM
FA: Heathkit IT-12 Signal Tracer tw Electronics Repair 0 November 14th 04 06:23 AM
FA: Heathkit IT-12 Signal Tracer with Manual tw Electronics Repair 0 November 13th 04 04:52 PM