Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Lyngsat Satellite TV.

www.lyngsat-address.com/tv/Europe.html

If I buy the equipment and pay a local area satellite installer to
install the diah and set it up properly, does that mean I can watch
live, in very good quality Ireland and Scotland TV from over here in
Southeast U.S.A.
There would be no monthly fees to pay, I think.

A few years ago, a guy in another newsgroup (he lives in
Evansville,Indiana and works at a satellite tv company, Pansat,
something like that) said those satelite(s) in orbit over there over
that part of Europe are in such a narrow arc and can not be picked up
over here.But, what do I know for sure? I am only a confused dummy.I
really do wish I can watch live Ireland TV and Scotland TV.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
www.lyngsat-address.com/tv/Europe.html

If I buy the equipment and pay a local area satellite installer to
install the diah and set it up properly, does that mean I can watch
live, in very good quality Ireland and Scotland TV from over here in
Southeast U.S.A.
There would be no monthly fees to pay, I think.

There are two things that you need in order to receive a signal from
a satellite. The first is to actually be able to "see" the satellite
from your location. Being in the southeast US, it may be possible to
see some European satellites from where you are.

A few years ago, a guy in another newsgroup (he lives in
Evansville,Indiana and works at a satellite tv company, Pansat,
something like that) said those satelite(s) in orbit over there over
that part of Europe are in such a narrow arc and can not be picked up
over here.But, what do I know for sure? I am only a confused dummy.I
really do wish I can watch live Ireland TV and Scotland TV.

The second is to be able to receive the signal that is being sent out.

Each satellite has a "footprint" This is the area that is covered by
its signal. The footprint is not absolute, sometimes you can receive
a signal if you are slightly out of it by using a bigger dish, or a
more sensitive low noise amplifier. It also works the other way,
sometimes you need a bigger dish or more sensitive low noise amp
within the footprint.

Luckly someone has taken the desires of confused dummies into account and
developed a web page which will tell you if you can receive a signal.

It combines satellite footprint information, channel lists and Google
maps/earth to determine if you can receive a signal.

http://www.dishpointer.com/

For example, if you enter "fort lauderdale fla" and select the Astra
satellite cluster, you find it is below the horizon.

However, the Amos satellite cluster is just above the horizion, so if
you had your dish high enough that it was not obstructed by buildings,
etc, you could watch Israeli TV. :-)

Then finally, all of the satellites on this side of the world use the
PAL system of encoding video. You would need a TV set that could play
PAL TV, or if it is an HD TV with YBCR input, 50Hz video.

Geoff.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I looked on the web for,
Watch European TV with Slingbox

I don't know if there is anything worth while there or not.About nine
something years ago, with WebTV, every afternoon I watched a replay of a
tv station in Ireland news, weather, and sports.But it was sort of like
a break action/stop action (whatever it is called?) tv replay program.I
think it was via one of those free RealPlayer formats.I can't use
RealPlayer with WebTV anymore.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I guess the only way I can watch live Ireland tv is to move over
there.Which probally isn't a bad idea.One of those Isles off the wild
west coast of Ireland.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Satellite Free To Air TV is legal.Yesterday, a guy said he used a
website and watched tv all over the world on his computer.He said when
he clicked on a German tv station it sent him a trojan and it took him a
long time to remove it from his computer.
cuhulin

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I subscribe to DirecTV.I can click on the BBC America tv channel.There
are some other tv channels on DirecTV which are foreign language
channels, home based in America, I think.Mostly Spanish and at least one
German news channel.
In America, FTA (Free To Air) Satellite is Legal.Look around at
www.chuckharder.com
cuhulin

I just got satellite on my PC [email protected] Home Repair 1 January 12th 08 05:12 AM
DIY satellite tv Hugh UK diy 4 December 11th 05 12:04 PM
Siting a satellite dish using satellite eclipse with the sun Roger UK diy 8 October 15th 04 01:46 AM