Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

Default Electrolytics question - update

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:12:19 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

But that pretty much applies to any OS,

That ATI hardware sucks on all of them? Yes... I agree 100%.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:12:19 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

But that pretty much applies to any OS,

That ATI hardware sucks on all of them? Yes... I agree 100%.

No, the hardware is fine. The drivers have issues sometimes.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
DOS simply loads TSRs, it doesn't 'manage' them.

Then what gives each program time on the CPU?

DOS is single-tasking. In DOS, there is only ever one program at a time
executing. The currently executing program "owns" the machine. There is
no "executive", there is no time slicing of CPU time. TSRs simply hook
into the keyboard interrupt, and when a certain key combination is pressed,
DOS passes control to the TSR. When the TSR "exits" by the user pressing
ESC or whatever, control passes back to DOS. However, the TSR remains in
memory. Hence TSR - Terminate and Stay Resident. When the key combo is
pressed again, the TSR gets control.

Again, there is no "executive" here. DOS passed control to the TSR, and
the TSR passes control back to DOS. It *looks* like multi tasking thru
clever programming, but it really isn't. Whatever you were doing before is
suspended while the TSR is in control, and the TSR is suspended when it
hands control back to DOS.

There is nothing "giving each program time on the CPU" but the running
programs themselves. If the TSR crashes, it will never return control to
DOS. If another application crashes, pressing the TSR key combo will have
no effect.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

Default Electrolytics question

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 16:44:39 -0800, Archimedes' Lever
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years. I suppose
that means smoking is good for dental health.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 20:25:29 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:12:19 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

But that pretty much applies to any OS,

That ATI hardware sucks on all of them? Yes... I agree 100%.

No, the hardware is fine. The drivers have issues sometimes.

The drivers are written by the hardware makers. D U H !

ATI sucks. Their driver support, particularly for platforms other than
windows is very poor, or at least was for years. If it is better now, it
is only because they wised up a bit.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:19:42 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
DOS simply loads TSRs, it doesn't 'manage' them.

Then what gives each program time on the CPU?

DOS is single-tasking. In DOS, there is only ever one program at a time
executing. The currently executing program "owns" the machine. There is
no "executive", there is no time slicing of CPU time.

I fell in love with DesqViewX. It was among the first for the early
x86 architectures to slice things up well.

Snipped other good multitasking info.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years. I suppose
that means smoking is good for dental health.

John

Bwuahahahah!

Cannabis is a better brand. Tobacco sucks/kills.

Cannabis is healthy.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years. I suppose
that means smoking is good for dental health.

John

I haven't lost 6.5 teeth in my entire (considerable) adult life, let alone
the last 10 years. I don't think that I could come up with anyone in my
extended family or friends, who has lost that many either. Where did this
little gem of a 'fact' come from - "Dentistry for Beginners", published
1802, maybe ?

Arfa

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
No, the hardware is fine. The drivers have issues sometimes.

The drivers are written by the hardware makers. D U H !

But that doesn't mean the hardware is bad. DUH! Hardware is different
from software.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:19:42 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news
DOS simply loads TSRs, it doesn't 'manage' them.

Then what gives each program time on the CPU?

DOS is single-tasking. In DOS, there is only ever one program at a time
executing. The currently executing program "owns" the machine. There
is
no "executive", there is no time slicing of CPU time.

I fell in love with DesqViewX. It was among the first for the early
x86 architectures to slice things up well.

Yeah, I ran DesqView and DV 386 (not X) for years. I actually got X but
never used it.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

John Larkin wrote:

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years.

Where did you get that figure from ? Or was it a joke ?

I've only lost 2 'wisdom teeth' (intentionally extracted) and one other that
was extracted because it was causing jaw crowding.

I've had root canal work one one molar where it hadn't been filled carefully
enough and caused decay. That's got a crown. And my 2 front teeth were made
'wonky' by aforementioned crowding and these have been crowned now too.

Graham

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years. I suppose
that means smoking is good for dental health.

John

Bwuahahahah!

Cannabis is a better brand. Tobacco sucks/kills.

Cannabis is healthy.

There's no telling what dealers mix into resin to make up the weight - I
usually have an allergic reaction.

The last time I tried weed that was supposedly skunk it had hardly any
effect, I just don't bother anymore.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
news
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

On Sat, 06 Dec 2008 23:30:04 -0000, William Sommerwerck
wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

I think the capacitors have sharted ...

Is that a portmanteau word? Perhaps a mixture of "shorted" and
"farted"...

You obviously haven't smelled one after its vented.

Oh, yes I have. Not just vented, but exploded...

8 of them today in fact, in PC power supplies. Ever connected to another
phase instead of neutral? And no it wasn't me. But he's gonna pay for
it.

You're a goddamned idiot if you are in a setting where AC power lines
get toyed with.

He's just making up stories, the UK has strict regulations on 3-ph wiring to
prevent a single phase appliance being exposed to more than one phase.

You have to watch out though, some of PHucker's fairy tales are vaguely
plausible!

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years. I suppose
that means smoking is good for dental health.

John

I haven't lost 6.5 teeth in my entire (considerable) adult life, let alone
the last 10 years. I don't think that I could come up with anyone in my
extended family or friends, who has lost that many either. Where did this
little gem of a 'fact' come from - "Dentistry for Beginners", published
1802, maybe ?

Arfa

I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year lifespan.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

He's just making up stories, the UK has strict regulations on 3-ph wiring
prevent a single phase appliance being exposed to more than one phase.

You have to watch out though, some of PHucker's fairy tales are vaguely
plausible!

Regulations don't stop accidents or idiots. My neighbor down the road had
her appliances fried because of a power co. employee screwup. They happily
replaced her appliances and everyone was very glad she didn't get
electrocuted or had her house burn down. Stuff happens.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year lifespan.

Losing your adult teeth is neither universal nor inevitable. I've lost only
one of them -- due to a crack likely caused by a genetic defect. I expect to
have all the rest when I die.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

I think the capacitors have sharted ...

Is that a portmanteau word? Perhaps a mixture of "shorted" and
"farted"...

You obviously haven't smelled one after its vented.

Oh, yes I have. Not just vented, but exploded...

8 of them today in fact, in PC power supplies. Ever connected to another
phase instead of neutral? And no it wasn't me. But he's gonna pay for
it.

You're a goddamned idiot if you are in a setting where AC power lines
get toyed with.

He's just making up stories, the UK has strict regulations on 3-ph wiring to
prevent a single phase appliance being exposed to more than one phase.

You have to watch out though, some of PHucker's fairy tales are vaguely
plausible!

You mena that he might really have one parrot?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years. I suppose
that means smoking is good for dental health.

John

I haven't lost 6.5 teeth in my entire (considerable) adult life, let alone
the last 10 years. I don't think that I could come up with anyone in my
extended family or friends, who has lost that many either. Where did this
little gem of a 'fact' come from - "Dentistry for Beginners", published
1802, maybe ?

Arfa

I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year lifespan.

John

Been doing MTBF calculations recently?

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message

[...]

Apparently there are witnesses to the parrot breeding operation.

With some breeds selling for up to £4,500 I wonder how much he bothers
telling the tax man.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years. I suppose
that means smoking is good for dental health.

John

I haven't lost 6.5 teeth in my entire (considerable) adult life, let alone
the last 10 years. I don't think that I could come up with anyone in my
extended family or friends, who has lost that many either. Where did this
little gem of a 'fact' come from - "Dentistry for Beginners", published
1802, maybe ?

Arfa

I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year lifespan.

John

Been doing MTBF calculations recently?

Actually, yes. Some of our customers insist on having the silly
numbers. Our actual field failure rates are generally several times
better than MIL-HBK or Bellcore calculated values. Unless there's a
real problem, in which case it's worse until we fix it.

You might as weigh it and apply a FITS/gram factor.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 08:40:34 -0800, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year lifespan.

Losing your adult teeth is neither universal nor inevitable. I've lost only
one of them -- due to a crack likely caused by a genetic defect. I expect to
have all the rest when I die.

I lost four wisdom teeth, all at once.

John

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year lifespan.

Losing your adult teeth is neither universal nor inevitable. I've lost
only one of them -- due to a crack likely caused by a genetic defect.
I expect to have all the rest when I die.

I lost four wisdom teeth, all at once.

I had all four of mine extracted in 1970. But the deliberate extraction of
commonly impacted teeth is not a "loss".

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year lifespan.

Losing your adult teeth is neither universal nor inevitable. I've lost
only one of them -- due to a crack likely caused by a genetic defect.
I expect to have all the rest when I die.

I lost four wisdom teeth, all at once.

I had all four of mine extracted in 1970. But the deliberate extraction of
commonly impacted teeth is not a "loss".

I likewise had all of my wisdom teeth removed in ~1980. And it was no loss
.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years. I suppose
that means smoking is good for dental health.

John

I haven't lost 6.5 teeth in my entire (considerable) adult life, let alone
the last 10 years. I don't think that I could come up with anyone in my
extended family or friends, who has lost that many either. Where did this
little gem of a 'fact' come from - "Dentistry for Beginners", published
1802, maybe ?

Arfa

I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year lifespan.

I think my sig made the assumption that people with baby teeth don't smoke yet.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to see it, do the other trees make fun of it?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

"ian field" wrote in message

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message

I think the capacitors have sharted ...

Is that a portmanteau word? Perhaps a mixture of "shorted" and
"farted"...

You obviously haven't smelled one after its vented.

Oh, yes I have. Not just vented, but exploded...

8 of them today in fact, in PC power supplies. Ever connected to another phase instead of neutral? And no it wasn't me. But he's gonna pay for it.

You're a goddamned idiot if you are in a setting where AC power lines
get toyed with.

The building I work in is being extended and refurbished (involving rewiring). What would you suggest I do? Apart form insist they stop using Irish electricians?

"First things first, but not necessarily in that order." - Doctor Who

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 16:36:23 -0000, Zootal wrote:

He's just making up stories, the UK has strict regulations on 3-ph wiring
prevent a single phase appliance being exposed to more than one phase.

So because there is a regulation, this magically stops a clumsy/stupid/ignorant/sleepy electrician from mixing up the British and EEC wiring colours and connecting the wrong things to the load? We got two phases connected to the load instead of phase and neutral. A few surge protector plugs were no longer plug shaped, and were not the original colour.

You have to watch out though, some of PHucker's fairy tales are vaguely
plausible!

Regulations don't stop accidents or idiots. My neighbor down the road had
her appliances fried because of a power co. employee screwup. They happily
replaced her appliances and everyone was very glad she didn't get
electrocuted or had her house burn down. Stuff happens.

The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

ian field wrote:

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
news On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker"

wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message

[...]

Parrot breeding? I figured he was a pervert.

He's as bad as Phil, and his sheep.

With some breeds selling for up to £4,500 I wonder how much he bothers
telling the tax man.

Report him and find out.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 17:25:57 -0000, Zootal wrote:

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year lifespan.

Losing your adult teeth is neither universal nor inevitable. I've lost
only one of them -- due to a crack likely caused by a genetic defect.
I expect to have all the rest when I die.

I lost four wisdom teeth, all at once.

I had all four of mine extracted in 1970. But the deliberate extraction of
commonly impacted teeth is not a "loss".

I likewise had all of my wisdom teeth removed in ~1980. And it was no loss
.

Did you enjoy the experience?

Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

I just did the math. 20 baby teeth, 32 adult teeth, 80 year
lifespan.

Losing your adult teeth is neither universal nor inevitable. I've lost
only one of them -- due to a crack likely caused by a genetic defect.
I expect to have all the rest when I die.

I lost four wisdom teeth, all at once.

I had all four of mine extracted in 1970. But the deliberate extraction
of
commonly impacted teeth is not a "loss".

I likewise had all of my wisdom teeth removed in ~1980. And it was no
loss
.

Did you enjoy the experience?

Actually, yes. They used some pretty good drugs on me. At the time, they
could have taken all of my teeth and my tongue too and that would have been
just fine with me

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Microsoft started under a different business name, building
electronic vehicle counters that were used to audit the traffic on a
road. Then they wrote one of the first BASIC interpeters for the early
kit computers under their new Microsoft name.

The first MS product I used was the Z80 card for the Apple II. I wonder who
their hardware engineer was. None of the founders who got rich seem to have
that kind of hardware knowledge. He must have designed the traffic counter
too.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

"Bob Campbell" wrote in message
"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
No, the hardware is fine. The drivers have issues sometimes.

The drivers are written by the hardware makers. D U H !

But that doesn't mean the hardware is bad. DUH! Hardware is
different from software.

He's saying ATI, the company, sucks and I agree. Their drivers often don't
install right, and if you email them the reply sounds like they read only
the subject and not the email.

zero, and remove the last word.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

Tom Del Rosso wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

Microsoft started under a different business name, building
electronic vehicle counters that were used to audit the traffic on a
road. Then they wrote one of the first BASIC interpeters for the early
kit computers under their new Microsoft name.

The first MS product I used was the Z80 card for the Apple II. I wonder who
their hardware engineer was. None of the founders who got rich seem to have
that kind of hardware knowledge. He must have designed the traffic counter
too.

Who knows? It may have been done out of house and done by a
consultant, or engineering firm. Most electronics with the microsoft
name can be identified as outside designs.

The controller was designed by the founders. It was a very niche
market at the time, since most highway departments still used the rubber
tube & mechanical counters for each lane. It was still not much more
than a hobby level business.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

The crazy, and the insane.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

He's just making up stories, the UK has strict regulations on 3-ph
wiring
prevent a single phase appliance being exposed to more than one phase.

So because there is a regulation, this magically stops a
clumsy/stupid/ignorant/sleepy electrician from mixing up the British and
EEC wiring colours and connecting the wrong things to the load? We got
two phases connected to the load instead of phase and neutral. A few
surge protector plugs were no longer plug shaped, and were not the
original colour.

Seems to be adaptive fairy tales - it was only 8 electrolytics in the
original post.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:10:27 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
.. .
No, the hardware is fine. The drivers have issues sometimes.

The drivers are written by the hardware makers. D U H !

But that doesn't mean the hardware is bad. DUH! Hardware is different
from software.

Look, dumb****, if a hardware maker has issues writing drivers for
their hardware that lasts for YEARS, that usually indicates something
lacking in the hardware itself.

Humans are different from Campbell family members... at least as it
relates to your branch.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 07:17:21 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

"Archimedes' Lever" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 22:19:42 -0500, "Bob Campbell" wrote:

"Peter Hucker" wrote in message
news DOS simply loads TSRs, it doesn't 'manage' them.

Then what gives each program time on the CPU?

DOS is single-tasking. In DOS, there is only ever one program at a time
executing. The currently executing program "owns" the machine. There
is
no "executive", there is no time slicing of CPU time.

I fell in love with DesqViewX. It was among the first for the early
x86 architectures to slice things up well.

Yeah, I ran DesqView and DV 386 (not X) for years. I actually got X but
never used it.

I never used the task switcher predecessors. It still seemed a lot
like single tasking to me.

I used DesqViewX. It was the first OS that allowed remote processes. I
could run an app on another box, and get the screen and keyboard I/O on
my local workstation. So I could run things on dormant boxes anytime I
wanted a process to complete sooner than it would on my machine.

Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 19:34:17 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

A pack-a-day smoker will lose approximately 2 teeth every 10 years.

But the average person loses about 6.5 teeth every 10 years. I suppose
that means smoking is good for dental health.

John

Bwuahahahah!

Cannabis is a better brand. Tobacco sucks/kills.

Cannabis is healthy.

There's no telling what dealers mix into resin to make up the weight

You're an idiot. I buy freshly cured, properly grown, un-****ed-with
weed. If you are getting ripped off, you need to find friends that are
actually trustworthy, not out to screw you and act as if they are doing
you a favor. Nobody adds anything to anything out here. There are
reputations to uphold, and punishments to endure for those that do.

- I
usually have an allergic reaction.

Hemp seed is second only to the soy bean in protein content. It also
contains very high (the highest) Omega-3 levels. We could probably feed
the world if some nations were not so bullheaded about it. That is just
the hemp seed. It doesnb't even have to be a THC producing plant.

The stuff us self inebriators use (the THC producers)is good for
several medical conditions, and the molecule attacks many cancer cells,
not to mention that humans have a key/receptor attachment for the
molecule. A feature which very, very few 'drugs' can claim.

I guess I am lucky.

I like Chocolate.. turns out that it is good for you.

I like cannabis, and I do not need ANY fellow members of my species
telling me ANYTHING about that material. Turns out it has several
benefits as well.

The last time I tried weed that was supposedly skunk it had hardly any
effect, I just don't bother anymore.

Sounds like the money grubbers have sucked all the karma out of your
neck of the woods. Perhaps Mr. Klaatu should visit them.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:38:49 -0000, "Peter Hucker" wrote:

The building I work in is being extended and refurbished (involving rewiring). What would you suggest I do? Apart form insist they stop using Irish electricians?

You're hopeless. Mainly because I should not need to be suggesting
anything in such matters.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 14:58:01 -0500, "Tom Del Rosso"
wrote:

None of the founders who got rich seem to have
that kind of hardware knowledge. He must have designed the traffic counter
too.

Have you ever researched their background?

Is Usenet always so packed full of presumptuous dolts?
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:13:53 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Who knows? It may have been done out of house and done by a
consultant, or engineering firm. Most electronics with the microsoft
name can be identified as outside designs.

Now they use other folks' gear and pop their name on it..

Back then, however, everyone's work was all done in house. MS started
as a hardware company, and THEN worked into being pretty much strictly
software. Hardly anyone shopped out design and development work at that
level, and MS went from HW to OSes, and for the longest time, all one
could get from MS was an OS or a mouse.

Later, the keyboards, and other products started in, then the xbox. Of
course a SOFTWARE company like MS is going to have to have other make
their hard products if they want any time-to-market or business efficacy
in the product.

In the early years, as a single entity, they dared not take the chance
that their designs would get stolen by others.
Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

None of the founders who got rich seem to have
that kind of hardware knowledge. He must have designed the traffic
counter too.

Have you ever researched their background?

Is Usenet always so packed full of presumptuous dolts?

No. It's packed with callow twirps who like to get into other people's kill
files.

zero, and remove the last word.