Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Every Now and Then ...

Every now and then, you get one that not only makes you a bit of money, but
gives you a good laugh - often at the owners expense - as well.

Today, I had a genuine original Watkins Copicat cross my bench, with the
complaint "Has through signal, but no effects - swell, sustain etc."

Quite true. It didn't. I usually find, in cases like this, it's helpful to
have the tape loop not fitted inside out ... !!

:-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Arfa Daily wrote:
Every now and then, you get one that not only makes you a bit of money, but
gives you a good laugh - often at the owners expense - as well.

Today, I had a genuine original Watkins Copicat cross my bench, with the
complaint "Has through signal, but no effects - swell, sustain etc."

Quite true. It didn't. I usually find, in cases like this, it's helpful to
have the tape loop not fitted inside out ... !!

:-)

Arfa

ehehe if it`s not that, it`s the fine wires to the oscillator coil o/c
cos Mr Clumsy has been tinkering in there.

Ron
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:
On Wed, 19 Nov 2008 17:11:12 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

Every now and then, you get one that not only makes you a bit of money, but
gives you a good laugh - often at the owners expense - as well.

Today, I had a genuine original Watkins Copicat cross my bench, with the
complaint "Has through signal, but no effects - swell, sustain etc."

Quite true. It didn't. I usually find, in cases like this, it's helpful to
have the tape loop not fitted inside out ... !!

Lol I worked on an old EchoPlex a while back that had the same thing.

I owned one back in the early 80's. I loved that thing, sounded so
much better for guitar than the old bucket brigade crap.

I've got a Korg SE500 that I used for years on PA. I got tired of
carrying it around and got a digital delay when I could afford one. I
stashed it for nearly 20 years before I realized the demand for them
now...pulled it out and cleaned it up...need to test it sometime.

jak