Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bush DVR-3004 Locks up (DVD recorder)

I've got this dvd recorder, when you insert a disc the play logo
appears and the disc spins but no picture appears on the screen and
none of the front panel buttons function ie stop, fast forward, rew.
It feels as though it has locked up but then another time when you
put disc in the picture appears but goes off after a short while. I
cleaned the cd lens but that mad no difference. Any help
appreciated.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 14 Nov 2008 09:11:00 -0800 (PST), Jack00
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I've got this dvd recorder, when you insert a disc the play logo
appears and the disc spins but no picture appears on the screen and
none of the front panel buttons function ie stop, fast forward, rew.
It feels as though it has locked up but then another time when you
put disc in the picture appears but goes off after a short while. I
cleaned the cd lens but that mad no difference. Any help
appreciated.

If the DVD writer is an IDE type, then you could replace it with a PC
DVD writer.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 14 Nov, 17:11, Jack00 wrote:
I've got this dvd recorder, when you insert a disc the play logo
appears and the disc spins but no picture appears on the screen and
none of the front panel buttons function ie stop, fast forward, rew.
It feels as though it has locked up but then another time when you
put disc in the picture appears but goes off after a short while. I
cleaned the cd lens but that mad no difference. Any help
appreciated.

I replaced a few capacitors in the power supply and that has made a
difference ie functions work now but the playback sound of a disc is
very low and the audio of an external device by scart is also very low
too. Any ideas?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jack00" wrote in message
On 14 Nov, 17:11, Jack00 wrote:
I've got this dvd recorder, when you insert a disc the play logo
appears and the disc spins but no picture appears on the screen and
none of the front panel buttons function ie stop, fast forward, rew.
It feels as though it has locked up but then another time when you
put disc in the picture appears but goes off after a short while. I
cleaned the cd lens but that mad no difference. Any help
appreciated.

I replaced a few capacitors in the power supply and that has made a
difference ie functions work now but the playback sound of a disc is
very low and the audio of an external device by scart is also very low
too. Any ideas?

I was going to suggest caps in the power supply, as Bush machines suffer
very badly with them. Have you ever had this working correctly, or is it a
recent acquisition that you picked up cheap somewhere, because of the
originally described fault ? The reason that I ask this is that if the
machine is new to you, then it would be worth going through the audio setup
menus in some depth, as sometimes, you can find an odd sound downmix mode
set that may not be immediately obvious without picking through what's set,
very carefully.

Arfa