Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Default frame fault TV HITACHI CP-2892TAN chassis SCHNEIDER DTV101

I'm trying to fix this 100hz Hitachi set which uses a schneider
chassis.
problem is there's only half a raster - the lower half is good, then
there's a bright horiz. line typical of sets with frame collapse, and
above that nothing.
Could the frame chip be bad or is there something else to look for
before changing it...it's a TDA8177 I think.
I've changed the 33uF 100v cap near it to no effect.
-B